How interesting do you think your life is?

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

How interesting is your life
1 Extreme depression and nothing going on 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
2 21%  21%  [ 5 ]
3 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
4 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5 Average person on the street 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
6 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
7 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
8 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
9 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
10 Celebrity/Make a movie about my life 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 24

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 3:43 pm

i think crispin glover [george mcfly in B2TF] should play me. my life would look on screen something like woody allen's life in the movie "take the money and run" :alien:

BugsBunnyFan
Raven
Raven

30 Dec 2023, 3:58 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
I've usually found enough interesting things to do and think about to keep my life from getting boring, but sometimes I run out of material and then I can hardly stand the ennuie of it all until I find something to do. I'm rarely interested in the details of other people's lives unless I happen know them and to have taken in a few details about them, and then I become interested. But otherwise I see their lives as boring compared with mine.

That's "interesting" measured from my own perspective. I doubt that others would agree with my idea of what's interesting and what isn't. The problem with the OP's voting scale is that it meshes the perspectives of the individual and the world together, when they might be very different things. So I wouldn't try to make a movie about my life because although I'd probably find it a fascinating movie, nobody else would be interested. And I don't find the lives of celebrities very interesting.

I usually like to learn languages to avoid being bored to death. Too bad no one cares. At the moment I’m learning Finnish. Not for any practical reason or even to communicate with people. Mainly because I enjoyed dabbling in it. I’m not even learning it for a super interesting reason. Mainly because it’s fun to study and I want to avoid being bored to death. It’s interesting to me, but not really part of my life. It makes me less bored, but it doesn’t make my life more interesting.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 4:45 pm

i've been working on my french, off and on, more off than on, for decades now, still hardly any closer to being able to hold an actual real-time convo with anybody else. mebbe i don't have those genes? still i try.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 7:28 pm

Sometimes it's fun just to learn something for the sake of it. Not everything has to be justified. Sometimes things just... are.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 8:01 pm

Education is an end to itself and it wasn't always tied to the idea that a person needs to use it for economic productivity.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 9:04 pm

Not that interesting at all honestly

Especially since I am not married or have my own family!

I'm working towards this but it will take time

I do have special interests though but for the most part other than Day Program, Cathy, Glenn, Lorry etc my life mainly consists of the following:

-Wake up
-Brush my teeth
-Eat breakfast
-Play video games, watch TV, play with my dolls, listen to music or other special interests
-Eat lunch
-Repeat #4
-Eat dinner
-Repeat #4
-Bed then start over the next morning

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 5:54 am

If you asked me, at any given point, how interesting my life was I'd probably say not very. I'd say that if you asked me now.

But when I look back, because I don't remember the 95% of it that was mundane, the interesting bits get pushed together and I think, yeah not bad.

When I was 36 I had to seriously contemplate the possibility that I wouldn't live much longer. Once I'd come to terms with that I remember feeling that my life had been, on balance, pretty good. I didn't feel short changed, it had been interesting and fun and I was grateful for it. It was hard to hold on to that feeling of gratitude once I learned I was probably going to be okay. Dissatisfaction crept back in. I don't feel it any more, but I remember feeling it for a while.

yurguardianangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2023, 11:14 am

If my stupid physical chronic illnesses(some incurable) weren't getting in the way most of the time greatly worsening my mental health. Some day I hope to get both fully controlled or those curable ones cured.I've had them years and some decades.
They are really restricting my life and incredibly disabling.

Other times I love life.

I mostly do gaming,listening to music,watching horror films,doing stuff related to being alternative/emo/gothic such as dressing that way,looking that way,various communities I belong to.
Also I love inflatables and bouncy castles,YouTube,buying things online,photography,nature,exploring places.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 12:11 pm

My life is fairly boring, currently.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 2:30 pm

For myself, my life is pretty ordinary (maybe 4-5), but other people seem to think I have a really interesting history as well as present life (maybe 8). It's very subjective.

BugsBunnyFan
Raven
Raven

05 Jan 2024, 2:37 pm

I sort of conflate the two because special interests or stuff in the moment don’t make any difference. If people ask me what I did and I mentioned that I drew worm characters all day or studied Finnish, no one cares. They somewhat humor me, but they’re meaningless special interests. They have no real impact on my wider life. To me those things feel like they’re things I actually did, but people want to know what I actually did. I often can’t think of what I actually did. I don’t actually do anything interesting enough to talk about most of the time.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2024, 6:46 pm

I think my life is average. It's not that of a celebrity and I'm not in a constant state of depression. I'm looking for work. I handcraft things and do paintings and drawings to sell at the flea market. My special interests make my life more interesting than it would be. I also have my hobbies.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2024, 12:29 pm

I thought that if I could write a paper like Einstein's on an important topic, people would study it and change their ideas. However, I overshot. Usually, it takes a new generation of professors to get a University to teach plate tectonics instead of the older, purely speculative ideas. Even showing people working prototypes didn't change their ideas about what was possible. It is probably similar to when a landmark you have lived with all your life vanishes - you have to really look hard to not just see the memory of where it was.
Anyway, it has been interesting trying. I trashed my life about every seven years, and met some interesting people. To combat depression, I've been making a list of amusing incidents, and there must have been at least one per month. I got some good laughs, at least.