Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 5:27 pm

Do you think I should start to wear shoe lifts in social situation's since I might get treated better by others?

I am about 5ft8 and wearing lifts I think would boost me up to approximatley 5ft11

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 5:39 pm

Okay, I'll bite.

Here's a thought experiment for you. Think of someone you don't like. A real person you know who just gives you the creeps for some reason.

Now imagine them three inches taller.

Does that change how you feel about them in the slightest?

I'm not trying to be mean, but the answer to your question is the same answer you get to all your questions, sooner or later. It's not your appearance. It's you and the people and places you hang around.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 6:08 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
Okay, I'll bite.

Here's a thought experiment for you. Think of someone you don't like. A real person you know who just gives you the creeps for some reason.

I'm not trying to be mean, but the answer to your question is the same answer you get to all your questions, sooner or later. It's not your appearance. It's you and the people and places you hang around.

I am not trolling sorry. But this is a forum where we should be free to discuss things.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 6:25 pm

I'm sorry, but I think wearing shoe lifts would make no difference whatsoever to how people treat you.
It could even make you a potential laughing stock.

You do seem rather obsessed with height.
I'm 5ft 7.
Shorter than you.
Are you going to treat me any differently now you know that?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 6:54 pm

I think your insecurities will make you 'small' even if you gained a half-a-foot over night.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 11:03 pm

I haven't tried it, but the attractive social butterflies around me often use insoles. The cosers make it a part of their lives. In my opinion, this is already a part of social interaction, just like makeup, although I don't like it very much.

BillyTree
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Dec 2023, 11:44 am

Jamesy wrote:
Do you think I should start to wear shoe lifts in social situation's since I might get treated better by others?

I am about 5ft8 and wearing lifts I think would boost me up to approximatley 5ft11

No. Bad idea. Instead you should try to wear shoes with extreme thin soles to appear shorter and maybe people start treating you like Tom Cruise and Al Pacino.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 12:08 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
Okay, I'll bite.

I think that's a very good point and it makes good sense. DuckHairback gives a lot of good advice. If there was someone who gave me the creeps and all of the sudden they were three inches taller, I'd run to the hills the fastest that a crippled kaiser could possibly run. You need to find better places to hang around.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 12:21 pm

I think you could be seven feet tall, and you'd still be you.

The way people respond to you is a matter of your attitude, not your altitude.