How are you going to celebrate when trump gets convicted?

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 6:22 pm

I haven't decided yet; open to ideas.

With 91 counts (so far!) in multiple jurisdictions with extremely high conviction rates, it seems inevitable that he's going to be convicted in at Least some, if not all, of these cases. It would require some sort of miracle for him to manage to escape ALL of these current charges completely unscathed, let alone others that are still likely to drop. (I recall reading that grand juries are still meeting and there's speculation that he may be charged with other offences yet - perhaps violations of the constitution's emoluments clause, or campaign finance violations etc. Can't imagine he doesn't get charged with things like that.. otherwise it sets the precedent that there's no penalty for breaking those laws.)

Anyways, I'm sure there will be a wide variety of celebration types across the USA and around the world ranging from a simple smirk & raising of a glass to toast those who did the work to convict a criminal former president of the USA to full on dancing in the streets complete with parades, music, food, drink, and perhaps the burning off orange former guy effigies or the smashing of trumpiatas full of candy for nearby children to gather.

Do you have anything in particular planned? Any dream celebration type you'd LIKE to see or participate in?

So far I think I'll most likely just have a laugh and a drink and probably make one simple Facebook post mocking the fall of the former guy and leave it at that - even though it might be deserving a barrage of former guy convicted memes.. it just might be overkill and lose it's effectiveness when something concise will suffice. But I haven't fully decided just yet which is why I'm curious what others may have planned for themselves. :D

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 6:31 pm

I'm not celebrating until that miserable POS is gone from this mortal world. Because he can still become president again from behind bars which means the whole Hitler thing in history just might repeat itself.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 11:13 pm

^^ What RDF13 said

Even if he's unable to govern from prison (or if Biden wins), I am still stuck with 2 more years of an Abbott governorship. He's actually worse than Trump.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 12:19 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
^^ What RDF13 said

Even if he's unable to govern from prison (or if Biden wins), I am still stuck with 2 more years of an Abbott governorship. He's actually worse than Trump.

I can honestly say our governor in GA (Brian Kemp) isn't nearly as fascist as Abott from Texas or Florida's DeSatan. I guess the fact that Trump now hates him was a good sign?

He may be a Republican but at least he has passed a few good laws to try and help my state. My mom's friend who was wrongly imprisoned for a crime he did not commit was able to pay off his parole early thanks to Brian Kemp signing SB 105 into law. Also Brian Kemp recently passed a law that will give school employees in GA (including my mom) a big raise which will help her a LOT with paying off all this debt she's collected around the holidays.

But of course GA also gave us The White Witch of Narnia (aka Marjorie Taylor Greene).

Still I have more respect for Brian Kemp than I do many other politicians in this whole country whether Republican or Democrat. At least he's sane and helpful for passing some good laws.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 10:01 am

By replying to this or some related threads.

It would be cool if Jack Smith gets convictions because I graduated from the same college as he did so maybe I would sing the schools alma mater.

On a more serious note I won’t be able to relax until somebody other than him is securely President in 2025. Happy, I don’t know about that. Even if we get to that point I will probably be mourning the loss of lives and all sorts of destruction. The nightmare would be over but the knowledge that we allowed him to dominate our politics for a decade won’t be so easily shaken off.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 31 Dec 2023, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 10:07 am

This video is edited/not the original (the crowd celebrating is real but the television screen is not).

Anyway, it will still probably look something like the edited version for a lot of people if/when Trump is convicted.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 10:09 am

I don't see any point in celebrating his conviction. He'll just pardon himself once inaugurated, then will walk out.

EDIT the guards will probably line up on either side and applaud him as he goes past them. Those who don't will be fired.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 12:04 pm

MaxE wrote:
I don't see any point in celebrating his conviction. He'll just pardon himself once inaugurated, then will walk out.

EDIT the guards will probably line up on either side and applaud him as he goes past them. Those who don't will be fired.

America 2025-2029, if he's president, will be no different than Germany 1933-1945.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 12:05 pm

^ You don’t think we have enough checks and balances in place to keep that from happening if he were to get elected?

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 12:07 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
^ You don’t think we have enough checks and balances in place to keep that from happening if he were to get elected?

No I don't.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 12:11 pm

I suppose time will tell, but it seems to me like people are catastrophizing.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 3:42 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
This video is edited/not the original (the crowd celebrating is real but the television screen is not).

Anyway, it will still probably look something like the edited version for a lot of people if/when Trump is convicted.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 6:16 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
How Are You Going To Celebrate When Trump Gets Convicted?
I'll probably think quietly to myself that it's a good thing. That is humiliation is the most apt punishment.
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
I'm not celebrating until that miserable POS is gone from this mortal world. Because he can still become president again from behind bars which means the whole Hitler thing in history just might repeat itself.
Honestly if he got elected but spent his second term behind bars that would be hilarious to me. Imagine seeing the Penitentiary President shake his tiny fists with rage.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 6:24 pm

MaxE wrote:

From what I understand, the President doesn't have any authority to pardon for state crimes--only federal. But, okay--the governor of Georgia will pardon him.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 6:53 pm

MaxE wrote:
I don't see any point in celebrating his conviction.

Me neither, but for different reasons.

I get the argument that Trump should face justice the same as anyone else but that only works so long as everyone has faith in the justice system. Trump supporters aren't going to change their minds about him because he's found guilty of anything. They'll just call it a stitch up.

I think any significant conviction of Trump at this point (i.e. incarceration) would be a phyrric victory. It might even be worse for the US than a second Trump presidency. Although probably better for the wider world.

He needs to be shown to be a loser at the ballot box again. Preferably by a larger margin than before. Then the GOP can move on from him and he'll be left with just the cranks in his corner. Then you can prosecute. And then we can all celebrate.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 8:46 pm

Honey69 wrote:
MaxE wrote:

From what I understand, the President doesn't have any authority to pardon for state crimes--only federal. But, okay--the governor of Georgia will pardon him.

Actually, Kemp might just let him rot. He's not DeSantis.