Difficult aquaintance cutting off contact with me

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2024, 11:27 am

Over the last several months, I attempted to connect with another member from WP. The main reason is that they made it sound like they didn't have any friends on their posts. Though I reached out and attempted to be friendly, this person constantly seemed to take everything the wrong way. Additionally, I felt that nothing was ever enough for this person.

For instance, I tried to connect them with some local support groups in their town and another friend of mine. However, all they did was whine, flip-flop, and make it seem like I should do everything for them.

Earlier this week, when I attempted to give their phone number to my friend, that wasn't good enough. This was because my friend wanted me to get her contact information. When I did that, this person wanted me to give them my friend's number. However, I didn't feel comfortable with that because I didn't get information from my friend to share the information.

This person got mad at me for giving my friend their number and then just basically started attacking me. She also cut things off with me because

1. They were mad that I would not give them my phone number because I was getting to know them
2. They were mad that they could not reach me on WP messenger since we already had connections via social media messenger.

They accused me of always wanting to do things my way.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2024, 2:19 pm

Some people can be just ungrateful. Alternatively, this person might be acting the way they are behaviourally due to mental health issues.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2024, 2:37 pm

Either way I am not interested in reaching out anymore. The main reason is because she tends to be combative

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2024, 3:52 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Either way I am not interested in reaching out anymore. The main reason is because she tends to be combative

If the friendship you have with this person is toxic, then you are better off without them.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2024, 1:39 am

It sounds like this is someone who finds interactions too difficult or is just too troubled to be able to manage interacting. You tried, you did what you could, but it seems like there's nothing more you can do. This person probably needs help from someone who is professionally trained to deal with the issues that they are experiencing. They very well might be offended if you suggested it, though. I think all you can do is acknowledge that you tried, and give up trying, unfortunately. But I wouldn't blame the person. I don't actually think that anyone is toxic.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2024, 1:44 am

^same

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2024, 9:44 am

Hi B33,

We really were not friends, just minor acquaintances.

Also you are right, it was not her that was toxic. It was the interactions that were.

In terms of any further communication, I acknowledged how she felt by agreeing that that we were not a good pair. I told her that I felt like we were going to bring out the worst in each other.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 1:45 am

Sweet Pea hugs

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2024, 3:33 pm

Hi Cockney:

Thank you so much for your support but it's not a huge loss. When they rejected me a few weeks ago, my feelings got hurt because they said some mean things. However, I wasn't very comfortable in that situation as I felt like I had to step on eggshells around this person.