How long did it take for you to get your assessment report?

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2024, 11:20 am

I got my diagnosis verbally the same month I saw the psychologist.

It took a little over two months to get the written report. I assume they enjoy talking to people more than doing paperwork.

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2024, 1:35 pm

I hate doing paperwork.

However, I know how important written confirmation is to so many people.

Especially of they have waited the average 4 years that it takes in the UK to get an NHS assessment.

Non-binary member of the LGBTQ+ community

BillyTree
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jan 2024, 3:44 pm

The psychologist that did my assessment mentioned that he had ADD. He told me I would get my report in a couple of weeks. I waited for two months before I contracted him. He then said the report was written weeks ago but that he had forgotten to post it.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2024, 4:21 pm

I got a verbal confirmation of my basic diagnosis in a few days. The formal report followed 6-8 weeks later.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2024, 4:43 pm

BillyTree wrote:
The psychologist that did my assessment mentioned that he had ADD. He told me I would get my report in a couple of weeks. I waited for two months before I contracted him. He then said the report was written weeks ago but that he had forgotten to post it.
My bride is ADHD so I find this very, very easy to believe. :lol:

Comet Zed
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2024, 1:24 am

I finished all of the assessments in October, have verbal confirmation but still no written report. It should be arriving soon, I also had an assessor who has ADHD.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2024, 5:39 am

Around few months.

It was then on demand and there were a very limited number of assessors in my country at that time.

The diagnostician has a team and they have a backlog of work.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

silverlinings1069
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2024, 11:16 am

I am waiting for my assessment as well. She said a week. It has been 3 days but I believe her. Im in the USA if that makes a difference. Im not sure about other countries.

I hope you receive it soon. Good luck.

Dial1194
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jan 2024, 4:41 am

A couple of weeks, although I did have to eventually contact them and ask whether they wanted me to pick it up at their office or whether they wanted to send it to me, because that hadn't been made clear.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 5:46 am

mine took months, and several polite messages and phone calls ... I think it is hard for doctors to find the time to write up assessment results.. no excuses, if that was part of the deal, polite persistence will pay off eventually, I think. The written assessment and report can be so useful for self accommodation. Really can help us learn more about our strengths and weaknesses.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 9:16 am

I was actually amazed. He said to expect two to four weeks and it came in about three days. I think they had no doubts to my assessment so everyone was happy with their conclusions?

There are little details mixed up such as getting my Grandads profession and my Dads mixed up, and a past job title wrong (Though part of the job involved the title they put)... Other than that, from a psycological point of view, they picked up on things I didn't expect, which my Mum confirmed! I said "Do I do that?" and she said " Yes! " Haha! Ooooh! Actually my youngest brother would be excellent for that job because he picks up and sees trait qualities in people and acts them out with what he sees, and he is soo accurate he could easily be on stage, but is too shy to do it. But he is actually amazingly accurate, and the ones he copies are like"Do I do that? " and everyone who knows them says "YES!" : D It is fun because through my youngest brother we find things about ourselves we didn't know we do. He is soo observant when it comes to people!

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 11:45 am

1-2 months for most evaluations and 6 months for a really bad one (based on my assessment and those of my children).

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 3:48 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I was actually amazed. He said to expect two to four weeks and it came in about three days. I think they had no doubts to my assessment so everyone was happy with their conclusions?

There are little details mixed up such as getting my Grandads profession and my Dads mixed up, and a past job title wrong (Though part of the job involved the title they put)... Other than that, from a psycological point of view, they picked up on things I didn't expect, which my Mum confirmed! I said "Do I do that?" and she said " Yes! " Haha! Ooooh! Actually my youngest brother would be excellent for that job because he picks up and sees trait qualities in people and acts them out with what he sees, and he is soo accurate he could easily be on stage, but is too shy to do it. But he is actually amazingly accurate, and the ones he copies are like"Do I do that? " and everyone who knows them says "YES!" : D It is fun because through my youngest brother we find things about ourselves we didn't know we do. He is soo observant when it comes to people!

So, are you officially on the Autism Spectrum now?

You're WP profile doesn't say, and if you've announced it elsewhere (presumably with a big smile) I missed it.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 4:06 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

So, are you officially on the Autism Spectrum now?

You're WP profile doesn't say, and if you've announced it elsewhere (presumably with a big smile) I missed it.

Yes. I am on the spectrum...

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 4:36 pm

Great! I'm glad to hear it and I hope you are, too.

(Certainly you are happy to finally have gotten an assessment!)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 5:24 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Great! I'm glad to hear it and I hope you are, too.

(Certainly you are happy to finally have gotten an assessment!)

Yes. Some of the results surprized me.