05 Apr 2024, 10:12 am

Sometimes people might be teasing you

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2024, 10:19 am

babybird wrote:

Or maybe I just looked to skinny at 10 stone 10. When I did lose a stone one regular remarked "You have lost weight" I am not sure if that comment was negative or positive?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2024, 10:20 am

Yeah I sometimes wish people would keep unsolicited personal remarks to themselves.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2024, 7:34 pm

I have lost one pound this month.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2024, 12:58 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Do you need exercise to lose weight?

No, the whole point to the exercise bit of diet and exercise is to maintain muscle tone. The amount of energy that you typically burn is minimal, and the same as if you just spent an hour in a hot bath as most of the energy burned during exercise is the result of the body needing to thermo-regulate.

The diet part tends to be what actually causes the weight loss, and that gets kind of tricky as you need to maintain a higher metabolism, so that any caloric intake cuts aren't offset by the body reducing the calories burned. It's part of why intermittent fasting is often times recommended, the body doesn't immediately start cutting the calories burned, so if after 16 to 20 hours you get a regular sized meal, the body is more likely to assume that no action is required, even though you've cut a meal, or two, from your weekly caloric intake.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2024, 1:00 pm

Jamesy wrote:
babybird wrote:

Or maybe I just looked to skinny at 10 stone 10. When I did lose a stone one regular remarked "You have lost weight" I am not sure if that comment was negative or positive?

I rarely ever make comments about people's fitness levels unless specifically asked. If I do, I generally just tell them that they're looking healthier, which can mean slimmer, more rested or more energetic. Directly commenting on weight is usually not productive, and often times offends people.