Why create groups of people based on their age ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2024, 1:47 pm

We know there are people in age groups 18 to 24, 25 to 34, 35 to 44, and so on. I know that age is just a number at the end of the day but I don't know what it is but I seem to feel like I don't always like the grouping of people based on their age, I seem to feel as though it excludes people especially if they want to interact and meet new and different people and makes it seem like they have to mingle only with the people in their own age groups as though a man in his 30s can't mingle with someone in their 20s. I've been looking on Meetup for some groups I think might interest me and some on there are advertising groups for people of a certain age, some for example I have found are for people aged 35 and over. I personally wouldn't want to go into a social environment where most people are all older than me.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2024, 2:33 pm

There's going to be differences, but there's been a lot of touchstone events like 9/11 or the fall of the Berlin wall that shape things. Then there's technology like cellphones, the Internet and smartphones that have a social impact.