Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

hapyecakehapyepie
Raven
Raven

13 Jan 2024, 11:02 pm

I've never had hunger issues before. But as of age 28, i do and cant seem to curb the hunger and lose the weight. More water doesnt help, working out doesnt help, fasting doesnt help. Does anyone have suggestions for appetite suppression? Lifting weights only made me hunger worse. And so does tea and coffee. I'm seeing a doctor soon to help control my hunger issues but in the mean time does anyone have any suggestions?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 2:57 pm

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 2:58 pm

i can tell you from personal experience that the longer one is on a calorie-restricted diet, the more the stomach shrinks down and the less the appetite rears its head, thus forming a virtuous circle.

elotepreparado
Raven
Raven

06 Feb 2024, 2:21 pm

Yea, it really sucks at first to reduce calorie intake but it gets easier and easier. And then it becomes harder and harder to eat larger portions. And then cravings for really sweet or really salty things go down.

Lowering calories and reducing intake of sugary and salty treats sucks but it does get easier. It took me about 2 months for things to feel a lot more natural.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2024, 2:25 pm

Do you have ADHD? Stimulant meds for ADHD both raise metabolism and reduce appetite.

They might help contribute to a positive outcome if combined with calorie reduction.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う