Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 9:05 am

Something I have learned through my experiences in freelance scratchbuilding in my hobby (Model Railways), but applies to life also.

VALUE ONES FAILURES!

As ones failures are stepping stones to success!

It is how we learn.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 7:22 pm

Good attitude to have.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 7:52 pm

Yes. People underestimate how one learns through failure.... And how if one uses failure as a stepping stone as one has to learn what does not work to find things that work, one eventually starts a journey to success! The ones who succeed straight away may not fully understand any given subject as thoroughly as those who have had failures along their way, as failure is not the end! Failures are the stepping stones to success!

What does not work, is if one tries a certain method and it fails, and one keep repeating this method with the same results without altering anything... That fails. But if one keeps trying a different approach and gain the experiences of that different approach and compare it to the past approaches, one learns what elements work and what don't... And this knowledge is more important to a continued success at whatever it is one is doing, as success itself... As one learns methods and structures to repeat the success which one would not find if one had success straight away.
There is a lot of underestimation of the value of failure and failing, as we learn more through trial and error along the journey than with the end product we are trying to achieve.

I remember hearing a joke where a young new apprentice engineer was asked by his boss to make him a hammer. The apprentice thought he would get the better of the old man and nipped out in his lunchbreak and bought a hammer. The boss admired it and said "Good! Now make me thirty more!"
Now if the apprentice had gone through theproper stage of learning and percevered until heeventually taught himself how to make a decent hammer, then making thirty more would not be a problem!

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 8:02 pm

Pretty good perception....I think ..but. Although , I learned alotta stuff..but a few of those learnings would have rather not had ... 8O .......And who knows where that path of learning might have gone ..? :nerdy: ? :roll: :o

where ever you go ,there you are

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 9:10 pm

I get blood in my urine if I drink coffee for more than a week.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 9:14 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I get blood in my urine if I drink coffee for more than a week.

Have you mentioned that to a doctor? I wonder if it's something about coffee specifically because you mention drinking tea and not having issues.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 9:20 pm

Do you use water and milk?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 9:20 pm

I'll be talking to my doctor about it tomorrow.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 9:21 pm

Yes. Good idea.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 9:22 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'll be talking to my doctor about it tomorrow.

Glad to hear it. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 9:31 pm

Dear CockneyRebel. Please consider having your doctor checking you for Kidney Problems ? Please when you go see any doctor , please have someone go with you.. that you might be willing to share your concerns with too, and take them into your appointment. when you see the doctor .! It is important . 8O Even if you just ask anybody to go with you, even if they are just quiet , do not let the doctor tell you no , about having a witness...! IMHO ..

where ever you go ,there you are