I Think I Want my Ex-Boyfriend Back

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2024, 9:56 pm

Im still friends with my ex-boyfriend, we known each other for 5 years, we broke up 3 years ago, we met on a dating site. I think I want him again, I'm not sure if I really want him back as my boyfriend or I want him for the wrong reasons cuz I'm lonely, I'm having a very very extremely hard time right now with everything in my life & my sister causing soooo much trouble for me. I think he wants me too, but I'm not sure. Do a male friend come online everyday to talk to you, he even talk to me when he working? We talk for hours.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2024, 10:06 pm

It is possible that your ex-boyfriend still has feelings for you but doesn't necessarily want to rekindle a relationship.

If you guys are talking for hours, it does sound like you are close friends, at the very least.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2024, 2:25 pm

My best guess would be that Yes he may be interested in dating you again.

It's extremely unlikely that a guy is going to chat with his EX for hours UNLESS he was interested in being together again. In almost all cases people don't talk to each other again, and if they do it's briefly when they happen to cross paths.. they don't call/text and stay friends.

If he's putting in that kind of time & energy, it's because he's interested. IMO.

Up to you whether you're interested in dating him again or not. If he hasn't asked you, you still have time to figure it out for yourself and decide. But once you Do know either way, you really should let him know if you're interested in being together with him again or not so that he's not being led on believing there's a chance if there isn't. If you want to friend zone him and just be friends, then tell him you want to just be friends and then maybe you'll stay in touch or maybe he'll drift away. If you want to date him again, then let him know that. Chances are very likely that's why he's pursuing you again with all the conversations.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 2:57 am

goldfish21 wrote:
My best guess would be that Yes he may be interested in dating you again.

It's extremely unlikely that a guy is going to chat with his EX for hours UNLESS he was interested in being together again. In almost all cases people don't talk to each other again, and if they do it's briefly when they happen to cross paths.. they don't call/text and stay friends.

If he's putting in that kind of time & energy, it's because he's interested. IMO.

Up to you whether you're interested in dating him again or not. If he hasn't asked you, you still have time to figure it out for yourself and decide. But once you Do know either way, you really should let him know if you're interested in being together with him again or not so that he's not being led on believing there's a chance if there isn't. If you want to friend zone him and just be friends, then tell him you want to just be friends and then maybe you'll stay in touch or maybe he'll drift away. If you want to date him again, then let him know that. Chances are very likely that's why he's pursuing you again with all the conversations.

I think I’m interested in him too, but what if I want him for the wrong reasons cuz I’m lonely, I’m having a very very extremely hard time right now, life seems hopeless for me. I think he dose want me, I want to ask him, I guess. He keeps calling me beautiful & tell me he wants to make my day better. But I have unresolved issues in our past relationship.
Thanks