Feel I'd have no FOMO if there were no clubs and things

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 12:52 pm

I seem to feel as though I'd feel better if there were no clubs, bars and places like that or there were no posters or advertisements (commercials) about these things or maybe places like gyms like one I got posted on my door step. I just seem to feel it makes people's FOMO (fear of missing out) worse and pushes the idea that this what people "have" to be doing to enjoy life and so on and also makes that person feel like that is what everyone our age is doing or "should" be doing. I'd seem to strangely feel I wouldn't have any FOMO if there were none or not much of these things although I'm sort of questioning whether if it would be better or worse.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 3:54 pm

Let me edit this and tell me if this is not really the point you are trying to get across:

I wish there were no clubs, bars and places like that or there were no posters or advertisements (commercials) about these things or maybe places like gyms like one I got posted on my door step. It makes my FOMO (fear of missing out) worse and makes me think that this is what I and everyone else my age must be doing to enjoy life. I wouldn't have any FOMO if there were none or not much of these things, although I might.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 4:06 pm

Clubs are actually on the decline. Many are shuttering up.

It's not necessarily the 'in' thing to do anymore in life, for younger folk.

I would just throw away any leaflets or advertisements for them and think nothing of it, if I were you.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 4:07 pm

chris1989 wrote:
I seem to feel as though I'd feel better if there were no clubs, bars and places like that or there were no posters or advertisements (commercials) about these things or maybe places like gyms like one I got posted on my door step. I just seem to feel it makes people's FOMO (fear of missing out) worse and pushes the idea that this what people "have" to be doing to enjoy life and so on and also makes that person feel like that is what everyone our age is doing or "should" be doing. I'd seem to strangely feel I wouldn't have any FOMO if there were none or not much of these things although I'm sort of questioning whether if it would be better or worse.

There's nothing to be feared from missing out.