Tall women should not be so picky!

Page 3 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 7:48 am

Do you lay awake at night thinking of funny questions? You need to stop hanging around bars.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 8:25 am

Fnord wrote:
Is it just me, or does the lack of romantic opportunities often inspire those who lack romantic opportunities to declare new rules for who can and cannot have those romantic opportunities?

This^

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 9:04 am

I’m always on the lookout for a man who will go with my favorite pair of shoes.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Jan 2024, 11:24 am

Jamesy wrote:
All I was really trying to say in this thread is that tall women might have a harder time finding a tall man because a fair few might like shorter women. It’s exactly like someone my height wanting to date a 5ft2 woman because I would want to feel more masculine. Not realising at the same time that a small lady would rather go for a man 6ft or over than 5ft8 thus putting me at a disadvantage.

Personally though I have no issue dating a woman few inches taller than myself and if anything I am physically attracted to tall ladies more so than shorter ones but that is just my preference.
Your correct that she might have a harder time finding a guy taller than her but she may not be very desperate to have a relationship. I imagine that very few women at bars would be as desperate as you are to have a relationship. Bars tend to be a meat market so she probably has lots of other guys hitting on her there & perhaps there were guys taller than her there.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

MushroomPrincess
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2024, 11:39 am

I'm a tall lady, and almost all my partners have been shorter than me. Never been too picky about height, I figure there's more important things to look for in a partner.

I think height preferences are kind of a bullsh** concept, but.... I kind of get it. Society judges couples for all kinds of nonsense reasons, and society expects the boyfriend to be taller. Honestly I think you dodged a bullet; I figure if you were 6'4" she might have given you the time of day, and then you'd get to find out what other shallow societal expectations she puts way too much stock in.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 12:06 pm

nick007 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
All I was really trying to say in this thread is that tall women might have a harder time finding a tall man because a fair few might like shorter women. It’s exactly like someone my height wanting to date a 5ft2 woman because I would want to feel more masculine. Not realising at the same time that a small lady would rather go for a man 6ft or over than 5ft8 thus putting me at a disadvantage.

Personally though I have no issue dating a woman few inches taller than myself and if anything I am physically attracted to tall ladies more so than shorter ones but that is just my preference.
Your correct that she might have a harder time finding a guy taller than her but she may not be very desperate to have a relationship. I imagine that very few women at bars would be as desperate as you are to have a relationship. Bars tend to be a meat market so she probably has lots of other guys hitting on her there & perhaps there were guys taller than her there.

I think these so called meet markets are tailored towards tall men. In 2011 I went to a bar with 3 of my friends one being 5ft10 the other about 5ft11 and the third 6ft2. More to the point the 6ft2 guy was not even that good looking facially but he had the advantage over my 5ft10 and 5ft11 friends.

You say that the 5’11 woman had other guys hitting on her? Quite a few guys find tall ladies intimidating.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 12:14 pm

I asked my 5ft1 mom why women like Idris Elba so much and the first thing she said was “He is tall”

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 1:14 pm

Fnord wrote:
Is it just me, or does the lack of romantic opportunities often inspire those who lack romantic opportunities to declare new rules for who can and cannot have those romantic opportunities?

I don't lack romantic opportunities in case you are referring to me; as I have been in relationship for more than 2 years.

But you are still an ape. Hoo hoo.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 1:16 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I’m always on the lookout for a man who will go with my favorite pair of shoes.

You gave me a gift idea.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 1:22 pm

TW, you have just made me troll my GF. Thank you. :mrgreen:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 1:34 pm

I’m glad I could help. :lol:

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 6:24 pm

An ape that likes every fruit in the jungle except mango, will still be perceived as picky, by the mango. Rather than fret about the apes that don't like mango, find someone to monkey around with that does.

And maybe those other apes do in fact like mango, it's just that you've gone sour and bitter and rotten, and are not a very good representation of what a mango should be.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 7:35 pm

^ Are you objectifying women as fruit now? Tsk tsk.

Besides, who doesn’t like mango? This ape has no sense of taste.

I think TW would be a pineapple, she is too….spiky.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 8:44 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ Are you objectifying women as fruit now? Tsk tsk.

Besides, who doesn’t like mango? This ape has no sense of taste.

I think TW would be a pineapple, she is too….spiky.

Bold of you to assume the man isn't the fruit. After all, it is a MANgo.

As in, man go "if you no like me in particular, you picky!"

Even if I was using fruit as a place-holder for women in a metaphor, the above was hardly "objectification". However, I was in fact, implying that the man is the bitter fruit, thin skinned and bruised, because someone else doesn't like their flavor.

Additionally, big brain to tisk at me after shoehorning your bias onto my metaphor, and claiming I'm objectifying women by comparing them to fruit, and then using fruit comparisons to judge a female member.

And thank you for demonstrating my point.

Good jorb.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2024, 1:55 am

Jamesy wrote:
More to the point the 6ft2 guy was not even that good looking facially but he had the advantage over my 5ft10 and 5ft11 friends..

Dude! women don't walk around with tape measures.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2024, 3:02 am

I shall ask TW, what fruit you would choose to be?
I would be an avocado.