What to do if you're not getting matches online?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

StrugglingFrustration
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jan 2024, 3:04 pm

I've been using Tinder and Bumble for over a year and barely got any success using those apps. At most I got like 8 matches and 5 of them were bots and the rest were just uninterested that never replied when I asked "Hi, how's your day?". It's frustrating because I'm introverted and was hoping that these platforms help people on the spectrum but when they require Shakespear-ian poetry to get someone to have a conversation, and I'm a math major, not an English major.

Anyone tried using these apps? What was your experience like?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Jan 2024, 5:03 pm

I tried LOTS of dating sites & I never gotten so much as a single date from them. I've met the three girlfriends I've had on online forums. The first was an intrest we both shared & I met my second & current on this forum. It took aLOT of posting thou but trying to get a relationship offline never worked for me either.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2024, 4:11 am

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2024, 9:48 am

What would you do in real life to improve your chances of meeting a woman in real life?

StrugglingFrustration
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jan 2024, 2:38 pm

rse92 wrote:
What would you do in real life to improve your chances of meeting a woman in real life?

I'm currently going out to a young adult church group, but I think the problem is that I'm overweight and my looks are holding me back. Here's an idea, if you go to the Instagram page @pursuitlbs you'll see the types of women in the class and how they'd likely reject me if I ask them out. I'm working on lowering my body fat to 15% and getting specialty eye drops (Upneeq) to fix my droopy eyelids in order to improve my appearance.

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Feb 2024, 4:32 pm

StrugglingFrustration wrote:
What to do if you're not getting matches online?

Use better pictures.

Remove bad pics (i.e. blurry, sunglasses, uneven lighting, too much lighting, not enough lighting, group photos with too many peoples, bathroom selfies, car selfies, pics of you at your desk).

Use a phone with a good camera or a DSLR camera. Watch some guides on portrait photography. Take hundreds of pictures and select the best 5-7 pics. Take new pics every week. Take pics at parks, cities or social events.

Get a friend to take pics of you, or get a stand that can hold your camera/phone so it doesn't look like you're taking it yourself.