Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2024, 8:54 pm

Recently I've been working on my sketchbook. I've been practising and learning how to draw people.

Something I've been experimenting with is having characters that have a height difference. Which led to the questions - how physically close do I want to draw these characters? Would they stand near each other or far apart? I figured I should probably decide on what kind of dynamic they have to figure that out.

At present, I'm just focusing on the surface level. I'm not fully fleshing out these characters, more so just using a vague concept for the purposes of practicing poses, character interaction and expressions in a visual space.

Up until now, my poses have been fairly stiff and there's only been solo subjects on the page rather than any interaction between characters. So I'm excited to explore this in my sketchbook.

I decided to spin a wheel and it landed on 'enemies' so I guess these two have beef for some reason.

Where was I going with this thread? Oh right. Dynamics. Do any visual artists here do this to practice poses and / or drawing people interacting? Any advice on drawing poses? You could also use this thread to discuss your process for making OCs (original characters) if you like.

8)

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2024, 9:32 pm

I used picrew to create a design for my OCs for the comic I'm working on. lol

I'm kindaaa going with the flow in my creative process. Right now I guess I'm working on the introduction to my comic. You can see my progress here

I'm basically coming up with the text or an idea and drawing panels based off what I'm describing or need to communicate.
When it comes time to make more OCs as characters for the story..... I guess I'll just go with whatever "feels" right.

So far as drawing people..... looooots of people watching and making super quick sketches based off their actions is super helpful

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2024, 6:57 pm

colliegrace wrote:
I used picrew to create a design for my OCs for the comic I'm working on. lol

I'm kindaaa going with the flow in my creative process. Right now I guess I'm working on the introduction to my comic. You can see my progress here

I'm basically coming up with the text or an idea and drawing panels based off what I'm describing or need to communicate.
When it comes time to make more OCs as characters for the story..... I guess I'll just go with whatever "feels" right.

So far as drawing people..... looooots of people watching and making super quick sketches based off their actions is super helpful

Nice. Thanks for sharing. :)

I'm definitely going with the flow as well with my characters, I have some notes and the beginnings of a story. Now that I have a bit of an idea regarding personalities, I'm currently focusing on clothing design. Then I suspect I'll experiment with dialogue.