Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 12:46 pm

For me, it seems like I'm committing a personal violation of some sort. I wouldn't walk up to a woman and grab her breast, but looking her in the eye kind of feels the same.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 7:37 am

It actually is nothing like the same.

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 8:15 am

Painful.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 8:46 am

Uncomfortable if it is held for too long.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 6:54 pm

rse92 wrote:
Physically completely different...but looking into the eyes of strange woman would feel insanely intimate to me, too. (Though police officers might be less concerned.)

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 4:30 am

Stormyweathers wrote:
To me, direct eye-contact is a little aggressive. Most people instinctively realize that when I focus my attention on them, I see a lot more than they want me to.

I kind of get off on making them uncomfortable. :twisted:

I do that, too. :lol:

Like I said, it's like a fight response to me.
Which is something I can confront and personally sustain. Even while fighting with my bosses from my old work.

Yeah, I get that to act 'submissive' meant break the eye contact -- but sometimes I forget that.

:lol: It's ironic; forgetting to stop eye contact, and even stare at their glares because why not?
And even laugh when they get angry for not backing down instead of 'acting smart and be fearful'.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 10:28 am

Double Retired wrote:
rse92 wrote:
Physically completely different...but looking into the eyes of strange woman would feel insanely intimate to me, too. (Though police officers might be less concerned.)

Catching a woman's eye is not intimate. In most situations it's neighborly. I get in an elevator, I say hello to those in the elevator. I could look at the floor, but that isn't a great impression.

If you stare at a woman, that's creepy, not intimate.

There are too many posters on this board who have a difficult enough time with interpersonal communication skills, particularly between the sexes, for people here to make federal offenses about everyday polite behavior.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 4:09 pm

I used to feel really uncomfortable with making eye contact. When I was a teenager, I had a teacher who would ignore me if I didn't make enough eye contact with him. Apparently it was to teach me a lesson in manners.

I managed to finally overcome this when I had to stand up to another teacher who was bullying me at the time.

These days, I don't find eye contact all that bad, although after a while I grow tired of it. That's when I need to recharge my social battery.