Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2024, 11:17 am

I'd hate to have a job where all I did all day was lick envelopes

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2024, 11:19 am

Imagine the negative effect on one's tongue in such a job.

Ick.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2024, 11:34 am

There's very little that I wouldn't do for money but I draw the line at licking envelopes

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2024, 11:58 am

I hate overly dramatic interview questions.

'Name a time you showed bravery in your career!'

What? :? I mean I spoke to the general public, that's brave.

'How did you fundamentally improve the system or inact change at your last job?'

Uh, I didn't? What are you on about? I worked in an office, I didn't lead a revolution. I just did my job. It was not a collaborative - we take suggestions - kind of place. If I'd suggested improvements then I would have just been yelled at for it not being my place.

I've genuinely had these questions and they annoy me a lot.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2024, 12:06 pm

babybird wrote:
There's very little that I wouldn't do for money but I draw the line at licking envelopes

:lol:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2024, 12:08 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
I hate overly dramatic interview questions.

'Name a time you showed bravery in your career!'

What? :? I mean I spoke to the general public, that's brave.

'How did you fundamentally improve the system or inact change at your last job?'

Uh, I didn't? What are you on about? I worked in an office, I didn't lead a revolution. I just did my job. It was not a collaborative - we take suggestions - kind of place. If I'd suggested improvements then I would have just been yelled at for it not being my place.

I've genuinely had these questions and they annoy me a lot.

I always feel degraded in interviews.

My inner self just wants to tell the interviewers to stop taking the poorly paid jobs they are interviewing for, so seriously.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2024, 12:14 pm

I hate interviews me.

I've decided that at my next one I'm gonna ask them questions about how suitable of an employer they will be for me. I don't really care if I don't get the job but I'm not gonna let them bend me over the table and f*ck me up the arse.

I hate bosses in this country. They just get away with so much.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2024, 12:42 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
My inner self just wants to tell the interviewers to stop taking the poorly paid jobs they are interviewing for, so seriously.

Yes! Me too. I'm sat there wondering why we can't be honest. It's a sh***y little job and I don't even want it but I'll do it because I need the money and I'll do it to a standard that befits the amount you're going to pay me BUT why are you pretending its so important and do I really have to pretend to be excited about it? Because I just can't do that.

I don't get offered many jobs.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2024, 12:47 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Yes! Me too. I'm sat there wondering why we can't be honest. It's a sh***y little job and I don't even want it but I'll do it because I need the money and I'll do it to a standard that befits the amount you're going to pay me BUT why are you pretending its so important and do I really have to pretend to be excited about it? Because I just can't do that.

I don't get offered many jobs.

Right?!

I don't get offered many jobs either. I struggle to appear enthusiastic in job scenarios.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 12:11 pm

I've just found out i have an interview (sort of)* next week. So i guess i have to start pretending.

*Incidently, when did interview processes get so complicated? Used to be you applied, you got an interview, you got hired or you didn't.

Now they make you jump through all sorts of hoops, doing little tasks for them, trying to get to the next stage of the 'process'. Like a damned reality tv show. This interview isn't even even an interview, it's a video meeting 'screener' interview and if i pass that I'll get a proper job interview.

ElmersTrueLove
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Feb 2024, 12:16 pm

Mine is still under review, it has been weeks

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 12:20 pm

I never believe people when they say they're happy in their jobs when they're earning rubbish money and worked half to death and they have to travel for two hours a day to get there and the boss is horrible too.

I think they're just trying to convince themselves because the truth is just too hard to bare

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 12:47 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
I've just found out i have an interview (sort of)* next week. So i guess i have to start pretending.

*Incidently, when did interview processes get so complicated? Used to be you applied, you got an interview, you got hired or you didn't.

Now they make you jump through all sorts of hoops, doing little tasks for them, trying to get to the next stage of the 'process'. Like a damned reality tv show. This interview isn't even even an interview, it's a video meeting 'screener' interview and if i pass that I'll get a proper job interview.

Best of luck for what it's worth

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 1:54 pm

babybird wrote:
I never believe people when they say they're happy in their jobs when they're earning rubbish money and worked half to death and they have to travel for two hours a day to get there and the boss is horrible too.

I think they're just trying to convince themselves because the truth is just too hard to bare

Some people do indeed like to kid themselves to shield themselves from the truth.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 2:23 pm

I applied for a part-time job at a manned dump site, yet they wanted me to go through a lengthy interview process; required references and a drug test. I wanted to say "are you fuxxing kidding me? This is a job at a dump; when the compactor gets full of trash I press a button and compact the trash (super high- tech) I am retired so its been awhile since I was on the job market but I did think "what an overkill" :o

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 2:30 pm

Quit since Christmas.
Currently enrolled to a VA course. Just to demystify stuff.

Currently in a short term job; attempting to be a graphics designed...
... As a newbie, as I found, editing after a layout is actually a damn headache.

Oh, and having to learn boundaries and scammers sniffing...
Still don't like business as a concept.

Also, other duties. Again, I'm subbing a secretary.
At least I'm not forced to multifrickingtask.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.