I’m Sooo Scared, I Really Need My Friends

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2024, 12:26 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Moving is extremely hard and stressful. Last time I moved (2022) it was hell from start to end, and I was sure it would never end. The good news is that you have family to help you. They know you have mobility issues and I'm sure they'll do most of the physical work for you. It's also nice that your sister is helping to find somewhere a little cheaper for you. In the meantime let them know how much you need their help, and how much you appreciate everything they do. This will be over in no time and I look forward to your updates on the new digs.

How is your kitty doing?

Last time I moved was over 8 years, I didn't want to live here, my sister talked me into living here. My dad moved me, he gave me soooo much anixety, when I was in his car, my cat was under the seat in her carrier, my dad made things soooo worse for me & my cat, he was cursing & yelling at me, he scared my cat.

My cat is doing good, I may have to be separated from her again when I move:( :( 8O 8O :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2024, 4:43 am

yes ..indeed..... moving is an extremely depressing or anxiety creating time...understood . Have had to do it three times ..both under forthful circumstances ,All you can do is try to get through it .. for me. Try to feel safe someway/ somehow . :(

where ever you go ,there you are

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2024, 11:00 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Last time I moved was over 8 years, I didn't want to live here, my sister talked me into living here. My dad moved me, he gave me soooo much anixety, when I was in his car, my cat was under the seat in her carrier, my dad made things soooo worse for me & my cat, he was cursing & yelling at me, he scared my cat.

I'm so sorry, Kitty, that sounds awful. I hope this next move is a much better experience.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2024, 11:04 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I bought a noise canceling headphone, I don't know if it helps or right ones, I didn't try them yet, do all noise cancelling headphones have to have a jack adapter? One thing for sure, I will have my cat with me.

I think it varies? I have a pair that are cordless. I think they can be really helpful for dealing with noise from neighbors/reducing stress and hope yours are, too, regardless of what kind they are.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 5:52 pm

I’m more scared. I don’t want to homeless, I’m in a wheelchair, I have Psoriasis, I cannot be in the sun, I won’t survive being homeless. I’m having anxiety & panicking, I still don’t have a place, time is running out & I’m crying. I wish I have a social worker that knows about Autism.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 5:55 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I’m more scared. I don’t want to homeless, I’m in a wheelchair, I have Psoriasis, I cannot be in the sun, I won’t survive being homeless. I’m having anxiety & panicking, I still don’t have a place, time is running out & I’m crying. I wish I have a social worker that knows about Autism.

The US is a fairly unforgiving place for vulnerable people, especially considering the wealth of the country's elite.

I hope things work out for you and pray that you do not become homeless, Kitty.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2024, 12:46 am

Please hang in there Kitty , will keep you in my prayers ... :|

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2024, 8:19 am

moving is always stressful, so sorry you have to go through this. Glad you have people right there to help you. Do be sure to ask for help if you feel "stuck" on any project. If you are moving locally, you might not have to have boxes, use plastic trash bags for all the soft stuff such as clothing, towels, blankets... easy to pack around furniture.

Of course certain things that are breakable my still need tlc and protection of being wrapped up and safely stowed in a box. I learned from many many moves over my life time to carry a small box with soap, tP, a couple of towels and some paper towels and cleaning stuff. Put in a set of nice clean sheets for your bed, and bring your pillows with you in the car.
Put the bed into the trailer last,or bring it over in the first haul if you are doing multiple small loads, so it will be the first thing off, and set it up immediately when you get to your new place. ( or have a helper do it!)

That way when you are exhausted and can't do any more you will not have to push yourself to make up the bed and etc before you can sleep.

Towels and soap, cleaning stuff will be right there if you need it as you set up your new household and you won't have to dig for what you need before you are able to use the bathroom, or do dishes.

I survived over 30 moves in my lifetime, I know it is hard right now, but if you look back, you will see that you survived and adjusted, and I bet you do this time, too.

It might seem forever when you are caught in the middle of it all, but this will eventually end and there might be some fun and interesting new things to come out of it all. cheering you on, keep us posted.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 1:48 am

blueroses wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
I bought a noise canceling headphone, I don't know if it helps or right ones, I didn't try them yet, do all noise cancelling headphones have to have a jack adapter? One thing for sure, I will have my cat with me.

I think it varies? I have a pair that are cordless. I think they can be really helpful for dealing with noise from neighbors/reducing stress and hope yours are, too, regardless of what kind they are.

I love your WP name, blue is my fave color & I really love roses, my cat middle name is rose.
These are the headphones that I bought at Walmart, it was a great deal, $72 off, but the original price changed, it was $99.99, I got everything with gift cards :heart: :heart: :heart: I don’t know how to work it.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VILINICE-Noi ... /249420079

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 10:06 am

My earbuds , used to have place on the part of the earmuff part,that you just tap with your finger , very distincrly one , or two finger taps , to get them to change their modes . besides having to plug them into a usb to charge them
Once a day for mine ,idk if yours are the same .. Hope they help, and if not noise cancelling feature is not as good as you want , after learning the different modes, just pair them to your bluetooth...( seperate learning ) and put on your favourite mellow music . And hopefully that might help ? :mrgreen:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 2:49 pm

I’m sorry, moving is awful.So much stress and anxiety.
I hope you and your kitty will be ok.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 11:36 pm

Jakki wrote:
My earbuds , used to have place on the part of the earmuff part,that you just tap with your finger , very distincrly one , or two finger taps , to get them to change their modes . besides having to plug them into a usb to charge them
Once a day for mine ,idk if yours are the same .. Hope they help, and if not noise cancelling feature is not as good as you want , after learning the different modes, just pair them to your bluetooth...( seperate learning ) and put on your favourite mellow music . And hopefully that might help ? :mrgreen:

I put on Bluetooth & my music, nothing happened. Do you need to put on AirPlay? Does the headphones have to be showning in Bluetooth settings?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 6:02 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
Jakki wrote:

I put on Bluetooth & my music, nothing happened. Do you need to put on AirPlay? Does the headphones have to be showning in Bluetooth settings?

You need to 'pair' any Bluetooth earphones or earbuds with a Bluetooth enabled device to make it work.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2024, 1:23 am

Settings , >>wifi or Networking>>>>bluetooth >>>> look for thr devise or new name that occurrs in bluetooth list .
Select pair new devise or similiar . or with bluetooth on .When new devise name appears on list click on it ..see what your media devise says ...almost always there is a small button on headphones or buds or devise( speakers )
Then usually light on the new devise will start flashing ... after your phone or media devise recognizes it , the light usually changes pattern of flashing or goes solid colour . And you bluetooth page that is open , will display something like new devise connected . Then goes back to just showing your list of bluetooth available devises.. To be tapped on next time it needs yo be connected. Hope that helps ??. but good luck anyway . :D ..The above post description is good too.