Beyonce country music banned from country radio

Page 3 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 4:06 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
In the last number of years what started as a good thing, a backlash against white musicians making all the money off of music the blacks invented has morphed into where any musician that explores music of a genre their ethnic, racial group did not invent is accused of cultural appropriation followed by an ensuing attempt to cancel. If Beyonce helps end that it would be a beautiful thing.

Yes there is more going on than meets the eye. White appropriation of black music is quite extensive. nearly every genre of modern white music is appropriated including jazz, swing, blues, pop and rock. Country music connoisseurs also know the roots of banjo, blue grass is black. Infact the banjo is a west african instrument.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 4:08 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
That isn't right at all. The song she sings is completely straight from the heart and it deserves to be on the radio. Actually, out of all her music that is a song that should be sung.

Can be summarised in one word "resentment".
She sings > 99.9% of female country performers including Taylor Swift (who is an adoptee of white country fans). And the money she is making is of course (as golfish says) making their blood boil.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 5:08 pm

I wonder how many bigoted minds would explode if they learned that all human life began in Africa and literally all modern humans alive today are descendants of African migrants.. and that the most complete human genome is found in present day Africans - humanity's genetic saviour when it comes to genetic disease cause & treatment options. Halfwitted f**ktards deserve to have their brains explode.. although, if explained, they probably wouldn't comprehend any of it in the first place and would likely remain blissfully ignorant.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 5:20 pm

I worry more about how we can encourage humans of all colors to be civil before we blow up our entire world in total anger and stupidity.

I couldn't care less about afrocentrics trying to prove that everyone is really black and that white people are just some kind of genetic defect.

Humans are humans regardless of where we came from.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 7:15 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
I couldn't care less about afrocentrics trying to prove that everyone is really black and that white people are just some kind of genetic defect.

Its not about afrocenticism. Since slavery was abolished African Americans have tried every single way to be full participants in American society only to be met with government sanctioned barriers that range of red lining all the way to full blown war on entire communities. Ever wondered why there's an earnest push to outlaw black history? The whole civil rights movement (which the US right is claiming is woke/anti-American) arose because of white intransigence to accept black inclusion from the 1960s.

Beyonce's treatment (she is literally the female version of Michael Jackson) by so called "patriotic" americans is a legacy of that era which still has not been fully addressed.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 7:19 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
I wonder how many bigoted minds would explode if they learned that all human life began in Africa and literally all modern humans alive today are descendants of African migrants.. and that the most complete human genome is found in present day Africans - humanity's genetic saviour when it comes to genetic disease cause & treatment options. Halfwitted f**ktards deserve to have their brains explode.. although, if explained, they probably wouldn't comprehend any of it in the first place and would likely remain blissfully ignorant.

Frankly they don't care. Why would they, most of them don't know simple geography (other than America is the centre of the universe), how do you expect them to know population genetics.
And the christian ones probably still think heaven is segregated.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 7:19 pm

cyberdad wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Its not about afrocenticism. Since slavery was abolished African Americans have tried every single way to be full participants in American society only to be met with government sanctioned barriers that range of red lining all the way to full blown war on entire communities. Ever wondered why there's an earnest push to outlaw black history? The whole civil rights movement (which the US right is claiming is woke/anti-American) arose because of white intransigence to accept black inclusion from the 1960s.

Beyonce's treatment (she is literally the female version of Michael Jackson) by so called "patriotic" americans is a legacy of that era which still has not been fully addressed.

I get all that, and I agree with it to an extent. but what exactly does the woke movement hope to gain by swinging the pendelum in the other direction instead of just trying to stop the pendelum altogether?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 7:22 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
I get all that, and I agree with it to an extent. but what exactly does the woke movement hope to gain by swinging the pendelum in the other direction instead of just trying to stop the pendelum altogether?

Because wh***y is sneaky, they want the pendulum to stop now. The anti-woke movement have been relatively successful over the past decade in that comedians and social commentators have no bought into the who "overcorrection" thing.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 7:25 pm

cyberdad wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Because wh***y is sneaky, they want the pendulum to stop now. The anti-woke movement have been relatively successful over the past decade in that comedians and social commentators have no bought into the who "overcorrection" thing.

You guys are like brick f*****g walls. :wall:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 7:29 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

More the other way around, white conservatives have been very successful overturning "woke" laws

Roe Vs wade - outlaw abortion
No more racial quotas in universities
no more teaching black history in schools
banning books authored by black people
Plenty more...Supreme court should be very pleased with themselves

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 7:34 pm

cyberdad wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

More the other way around, white conservatives have been very successful overturning "woke" laws

So tell me how I personally benefit from everything the Woke has done? I'm curious to know since I've been told the past couple of decades that I must support them without questioning their agenda.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 7:40 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

Ah, but that smacks of Darwinian evolution, which all true evangelical Bible believing Christians know is propaganda straight from HELL!! !

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 7:41 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Ah, but that smacks of Darwinian evolution, which all true evangelical Bible believing Christians know is propaganda straight from HELL!! !

I say it smacks of using science for the sake of Afrocentric racism.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 7:43 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
So tell me how I personally benefit from everything the Woke has done? I'm curious to know since I've been told the past couple of decades that I must support them without questioning their agenda.

I do it by not falling for the language. Take what is being done objectively. If there is an over-correction in some areas of society then call it out for what it is. Don't fall for the "entire left is woke" crap which is designed for people who don't want to think too hard.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 7:46 pm

cyberdad wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

I do it by not falling for the language. Take what is being done objectively. If there is an over-correction in some areas of society then call it out for what it is. Don't fall for the "entire left is woke" crap which is designed for people who don't want to think too hard.

In other words you can't tell me what good I benefit from supporting this movement.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 7:46 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Well, if you want to consider civil rights laws to be woke (even though the civil rights era preceded wokism by decades), we all benefit by having a more inclusive society where equality is prized. No one can say someone who supports racial equality isn't a better person than someone who doesn't. Same applies to whole societies. Then there's LGBT+ rights, which might fit better in the woke timeline. Same thing that applies to racial civil rights also applies to that. Supporting equity and justice just makes us better people.