I find myself not always ringing back people who phoned me

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 11:24 am

I had a missed call from my dad and my sister told me that my dad needs his drill charger for which he left behind and wants me to give it to him but there is a problem, I don't have my car available as I let my uncle borrow it so he can visit my nan in France and he is back this evening. My dad lives in Essex and I live in Kent and I didn't feel like wanting to waste money on tickets getting a bus to Gravesend and then getting the ferry across the river to Essex. I also keep thinking my dad will ask me again about time off work to see him when I went over his place more than a week ago and don't feel like going again right now.

They sometimes ask why I have few days at work at the moment and seem to expect me to be doing more work and when I am working a lot, they want to know when I am available for time off. I mean what do people expect of me ? Have less work and more days off or more work and less days off ?

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 11:49 am

Put the shoe on the other foot; would you want somebody not to get back to you?

Comet Zed
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 3:45 pm

I'm quite bad at returning calls, texts and emails. It's not something I like doing but I find really hard to change, it just feels exhausting sometimes.