I feel like I'm wasting life staying at home on days off

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 5:47 pm

I don't know why but I seem to feel more motivated to go out to places when I have appointments to go to, errands to run or after a short shift at work. I do a 10 hour contract at my workplace and I don't have another job other than this one. But if there are none of those things going on my days off work, I end up staying at home and sometimes I find hard to concentrate even on some of my hobbies. I even seem to feel ''bad'' for staying indoors as though I'm being ''lazy'' while everyone else is working their backsides off especially when I have no more chores to do and I also feel as though not going out means I am ''missing out'' on life because there maybe are people like me, the same age or younger out with more friends, going on trips to exciting places, fancy restaurants and going around some nice shops. I did do volunteering at a few charity shops but I don't feel that interested in doing that again to fill my time during days when I'm not working. I don't know what other job I'd do to fill more hours other than the one I've had for a number of years which is a retail book store.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 5:51 pm

Some people wait their entire lives to be able to stay at home, i.e, for their old age pension.

I would try to look at your free time more positively. Being lazy is a luxury, which it sounds like you can afford to indulge in.