Do homosexuality and Autism/ADHD have common denominator?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 8:30 am

As(s) above :wink:

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 9:06 am

There are theories as to why we're less likely to identify as cis and straight, but so far as I'm aware we just know that we are disproportionately queer - not why we're disproportionately queer.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 9:34 am

colliegrace wrote:
There are theories as to why we're less likely to identify as cis and straight, but so far as I'm aware we just know that we are disproportionately queer - not why we're disproportionately queer.

That's interesting I'm most definitely queer I'm rather bulky and big but I love if some horny 22 yo ADHDer or fellow Aspie experienced 40 yo something humps me on :mrgreen: I'm into guys.

Your profile states you're non-binary I never get to know what non-binary really means?

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 9:36 am

pawelk1986 wrote:
As(s) above :wink:

Possibly, there is a pretty massive increase in prevalence of most sexual orientation and gender identity variance within the autistic community. The numbers I've seen are something on the order of 11x the prevalence of the general population.

There may be a different explanation, but that kind of an increase also suggest that there's something about the neurodevelopmental pathways of both sets of things that are shared.

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 9:55 am

pawelk1986 wrote:
Your profile states you're non-binary I never get to know what non-binary really means?

I don't identify as male or female. I am AFAB (born with female biology), but I don't consider myself a woman. Some consider gender to be a separate concept from biological sex - gender is "in your head", biological sex is outward phenotype.
For me, I'm agender. I don't "feel" like a man, but I also don't "feel" like a woman. This is different, imo, from being a biological female and simply not questioning your gender. Likeeee.... if you're a cis person, you may not "feel" a gender either until you dig into it. Because your gender doesn't differ from your sex, so you're comfortable being referred to as your biological sex. But for me, I would prefer to not be seen as either a man or a woman.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 4:04 pm

colliegrace wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:

I don't identify as male or female. I am AFAB (born with female biology), but I don't consider myself a woman. Some consider gender to be a separate concept from biological sex - gender is "in your head", biological sex is outward phenotype.
For me, I'm agender. I don't "feel" like a man, but I also don't "feel" like a woman. This is different, imo, from being a biological female and simply not questioning your gender. Likeeee.... if you're a cis person, you may not "feel" a gender either until you dig into it. Because your gender doesn't differ from your sex, so you're comfortable being referred to as your biological sex. But for me, I would prefer to not be seen as either a man or a woman.

Thanks for explanation :D
I think I'm CIS gay man :)

King Kat 1
Toucan
Toucan

06 Mar 2024, 7:41 pm

hmm? I've never thought about it much, but I have read that homosexuality is more prevalent with people on the spectrum, but I have nothing to back it up with.

If I didn't have Aspergers and was a NT, I would imagine that I would still be gay.