Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2024, 3:45 am

What does it mean? Israel's Victory or Hamas's Actual Control of Palestine

Quote:
DUBAI, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh said on Monday during a press conference that he submitted his resignation to President Mahmoud Abbas.

Quote:
JERUSALEM (AP) — Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammed Shtayyeh says his government is resigning, in a move that could open the door to U.S.-backed reforms in the Palestinian Authority.

President Mahmoud Abbas must still decide whether he accepts Shtayyeh and his government's resignation, tendered Monday. But the move signals a willingness by the Western-backed Palestinian leadership to accept shake-up that might usher in reforms seen as necessary to revitalize the Palestinian Authority.

The U.S. wants a reformed Palestinian Authority to govern Gaza once the war is over. But many obstacles remain to making that vision a reality.

Quote:
According to Sky News Arabia, Palestinian sources are reporting on the possibility that the government of the PA, headed by Shtayyeh, could resign within days and, in its stead, form a new professional technocratic one before the end of this week.
Creation of a new government
These developments come in light of news last week that Hamas had approved the formation of a technocratic government whose mission is to rebuild Gaza and restore security to the Strip after the war. Sky News Arabia has reported that there are indications from within Hamas that it has agreed to the formation of a technocratic government.

Additionally, the reports state that the new government will not be affiliated with any Palestinian political party, where professional independents will take over government management during an initial transitional phase until elections can be held at a later time.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2024, 5:50 am

It means that one of the other Islamic terrorist groups -- Boko Haram, Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran or Iraqi Leadership, Islamic Jihad, et cetera -- can move in and take over.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.