I once was Homophobic decades ago, but I had apologised!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Aspie With Attitude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2024, 5:23 am

YOU WILL NEED TO WATCH THIS VIDEO TO UNDERSTAND HOW I APOLOGISED TO THE WORLDWIDE LBGTQIA+ COMMUNITY FOR BEING HOMOPHOBIC IN THE 90's and the 2000's

It's all about what I learned the reasons to be homophobic was all through my Christian\Catholic upbringing and what people had read about homosexuality in the King James Holy Bible. Being at an all boys Catholic school, I wasn't sent there by choice, just the decision that my parents had made for me, coming to school everyday dressed up as Harry Potter attending Hogwarts referring to the school uniforms there.

It was in the 1990's when homosexuality was discriminated in the name of religion and was accused for being homosexual and resorted to being homophobic to avoid getting beat up at school. I was already being rejected from my same age peers at school and did pretend to be into girls since we had no female students coming to that school.

Before when my Father died in September 2010, he was homophobic and did act stupid when as a family sat down together to watch "Brokeback Mountain". I was told by my Father that if I was homosexual, I be kicked out of home and do not inherit of his estate after he dies.

As years had gone by after my Father died, my mother had re-married and I have came out of the closet that I am an Asexual due to a lack of interest of women, going out on dates or even try being in a relationship with another man. These days I just live alone, happy to be single for life and maybe one day what ever comes my way.

I now have a tolerance towards homosexuals, I had acquaintanceships with a lot of homosexuals and transgenders a while after my father died and learned that it isn't bad at all.

I also make fantasy test card animation and mix my own music.

Please follow this link to subscribe to my YouTube Channel "Aspie With Attitude" --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL2iDI ... Hb4eeYlodQ

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2024, 5:43 am

"Tolerance"?

Why not "Acceptance"?

Why not "Friendship"?

Why not "Love"?

:roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Feb 2024, 5:49 am

Fnord wrote:
"Tolerance"?

Why not "Acceptance"?

Why not "Friendship"?

Why not "Love"?

Because changing for real - unlike changing for appearance's sake - needs time.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2024, 10:24 am

Even if the OP doesn't change further, being tolerant of LGBTQA+ folk seems like an upgrade versus being actively homophobic.

I say, congratulations!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2024, 6:37 pm

magz wrote:
Fnord wrote:
"Tolerance"?

Why not "Acceptance"?

Why not "Friendship"?

Why not "Love"?

Because changing for real - unlike changing for appearance's sake - needs time.
"Changing for appearances' sake" . . ."Oh, look at me!  I used to hate, now I tolerate!"

It still reads like a virtue-signalling piece, to me.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2024, 7:27 pm

Fnord wrote:
"Changing for appearances' sake" . . ."Oh, look at me!  I used to hate, now I tolerate!"

It still reads like a virtue-signalling piece, to me.

Me too :(

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Feb 2024, 2:55 am

That's exactly what I mean.
Changing for real, unlike just virtue-signalling a change, is a process that goes through stages and needs time.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2024, 3:06 am

To the OP, I see you are a fellow Melbournite. Homophobia was always rampant in Australian culture and reached a crescendo later 1980s and early 1990s during the AIDs epidemic.

I recall about 10-20 slurs used to describe homosexuality when I was in school. Fortunately my parents taught me to never use slurs.. During the AIDS epidemic I was best friends with a gay dude and by association the college students I was with assumed I was gay. I was subject to homophobic slurs not just from the male students but also female college students. I was partly amused at how dumb the people around me were, but it dawned on me women avoided me because they thought I had AIDS. I was totally crazy that I became an incel because of my friend.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2024, 3:08 am

Forgiving stupid/ignorant/uncaring people for hurting you is the hardest thing anyone has to do in this life.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 12:05 pm

I accept your apology. I'm also asexual as well as trans. I think it's horrible that parents are still disowning their children for things that they don't choose to be.