Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Have you used a cellphone on the toilet?
Yes 64%  64%  [ 16 ]
No 36%  36%  [ 9 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 25

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2024, 6:09 pm

Hokulea wrote:
My biggest worry is, no matter how low the risk, a device that connects to the internet is hackable and these have cameras.

My biggest worry is, no matter how low the risk, I might drop my overpriced pocket computer in the toilet and end up having to fish it out.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2024, 11:03 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
Ah, this may explain the results:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 080531.htm

They seem to think the contamination comes from people not washing their hands, rather than from people using their phones while on the toilet.

How can people not wash their hands? Don’t they teach people in school?

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2024, 11:59 pm

I don’t use my phone on toilet. I don’t understand why people do it, they can hear you pee or poo, that disgusting. Why can’t people wait a few minutes? I hear once that my nephew took his phone into the shower. I took my phone into the bathroom once, but my phone was on the counter, I was expecting a call. I use a walker, I put my walker by the bathroom door, I have my phone on it, I listen to music to wake me up.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2024, 12:09 am

Hokulea wrote:
My biggest worry is, no matter how low the risk, a device that connects to the internet is hackable and these have cameras.

Can people see you in your phone camera?

Princess Viola
Toucan
Toucan

03 Mar 2024, 1:42 am

I don't make phone calls on the toilet but I browse my phone when I'm on the toilet, just the modern day equivalent of reading the newspaper or a magazine while you're on the pot.

Don't understand why people are saying 'it takes less than a minute' or whatever to go the bathroom, I'm usually in there for like 3-5 minutes usually and that's enough time to read through a short article or whatever.

Hokulea
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Mar 2024, 3:14 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Hokulea wrote:

Can people see you in your phone camera?

Without trying to sound paranoid. From what I've read while rare, it seems to be possible through spyware or remote-access Trojan malware.

I'll admit I don't have a lot of technical knowledge, but it seems that any device that connects to the internet is at risk of being hacked. Of course security measures prevent a lot of problems.

utterly absurd
Toucan
Toucan

03 Mar 2024, 7:28 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
Ah, this may explain the results:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 080531.htm

They seem to think the contamination comes from people not washing their hands, rather than from people using their phones while on the toilet.

How can people not wash their hands? Don’t they teach people in school?

I've been wondering this for years. If you touch a toilet and then eat that's like licking a toilet. And you touch doorknobs and things that everyone uses and soon everyone is eating your urine. It's disgusting.
People never cease to baffle me.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2024, 9:38 pm

Before mobile phones we old grunions used to read magazines, newspapers, comics or books while on the toilet. At least we had toilet paper when I was a kid, the paper from most reading material isn't very absorbent.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2024, 11:04 pm

Guilty as charged!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Apr 2024, 8:19 am

Call me gross, but I do it all of the time (to clarify: browsing internet/apps NOT talking on the phone - I hate it when people talk on the phone in the restroom.)! Maybe I can blame my ADHD, I don't know.

Back when I worked retail since I always had my phone on me I always had it when going to the bathroom. Lol. But now since I work in an office, I leave my phone at my desk usually when going to the bathroom (lest I think the trip might be time-consuming... Enough said. >.<). So at least I do it less than I used to.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2024, 4:44 pm

People are so addicted to their phones it's taken over the part of their brain that feels embarrassment. It's taken over the rest of their brain, too. If they had much of a brain to start with.