I can’t believe I surrendered my pet :’(

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Mar 2024, 4:44 pm

Ok, so I got a cat since I was feeling lonely after the passing of my Guinea pig. But I had to surrender her because she was too much to handle and I feel heartbroken and guilty. I miss the love she showed me and her good night kisses she gave me, especially on the hard nights I had. After I got her, she was jumping up on the counter, breaking stuff, running around and keeping me up at night but still she meant so much to me. I’m already having a lot of problems in my life like my cousin’s tragic death anniversary (my cats 2nd name was named after her too) one thing about me is once I mourn over one thing, a truck load of my past losses haunt me. I’m really taking this harder than I thought and I feel lost and don’t know what to do right now.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 5:30 pm

I know a bit about the guilt you feel when you have to give up an animal that loved you. I had to give up my parrot last year. Heartbroken is right. I don't know that there's any solace to be found. All I can say is like all forms of grief, you just gradually think about it less with time. Sorry, dude. :(

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 6:50 pm

Do you know where she went? Maybe you can visit her?