Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Zoey2007
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Mar 2024, 9:08 pm

Love to chat with people who love Lord of the Rings as much as I do. No negative comments please :heart:

Zoey (age 16, CA)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 9:10 pm

I've read 5/6 books. I can appreciate it but it's not my favourite fantasy series. It's still been a huge influence on my world-building endeavours because it's pretty much the springhead for fantasy as a genre.

I hope that's not too negative. :oops:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Zoey2007
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Mar 2024, 9:28 pm

No worries, nothing wrong with an opinion. I'm actually getting started on a book series called wheel of time that's also fantasy , what else are you into ? :)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 9:36 pm

Zoey2007 wrote:
No worries, nothing wrong with an opinion. I'm actually getting started on a book series called wheel of time that's also fantasy , what else are you into ? :)

I've read a lot of R.A. Salvadore's books. I haven't read Wheel of Time but have known a lot of people who liked them a lot.

Not fantasy, but I really liked War and Peace when I read it.

I like world-building a lot too.

I tried writing a fantasy story but it ended up as a disorganized, mostly disconnected mess.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う