White nationalist wins Oklahoma council election

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 4:14 am

A known neo-Nazi, Judd Blevins, has been voted onto the city of Enid's council in Oklahoma ousting a sitting republican.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ok ... rcna143041

Bevins who is a member of neo-Nazi group called Identity Evropa was famously photographed leading a crown of men in Charlottesville crying "Jews will not replace us".

It’s not clear how many of Enid's 100,0000 voters knew about Blevins’ white nationalist ties. Enid is one of the most homogenous towns in the US with a population that is 90% white.

Blevins’ win didn’t sit well with many in Enid. It marked the beginning of a fight to expel Blevins from the City Council — a fight for the very soul of Enid that would unite a coalition of its most progressive residents, divide its conservatives and show the power of community organizing.

Over the next year, grandmothers would be branded antifa radicals, local organizers would be accused of attempted murder, and a national white power movement would stake its claim on the City Council. And for a growing number of state and local governments confronting extremism in their ranks, the outcome of that fight — Blevins’ recall election on April 2 — will serve either as a model or a warning.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 9:09 am

Yup, the Nazis are literally taking over the US government. It's terrible.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 11:34 am

Quote:
Blevins won by 36 votes in an election where 808 people, less than 15% of the ward’s 5,600 registered voters, came out — a dismal turnout on par with municipal elections across the country.

This is what giving up and staying home instead of exercising your right to vote that people gave life and limb for you to have may get you.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 11:41 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
This is what giving up and staying home instead of exercising your right to vote that people gave life and limb for you to have may get you.

What's the point in voting when I live in an oligarchy masking as a democratic-republic run by kakistocrats? I basically feel like all I would be doing is swimming against the current at this point. :shrug:

King Kat 1
Toucan
Toucan

19 Mar 2024, 11:45 am

The whole voting thing, to or not to, I'll leave for another discussion but areas where it's already predetermined who's going win, meaning 1 party control, in the end this is the type of stuff you get.

I mean, in some areas people will vote for some total POS as long as they have a R or a D in front of their name (Talking in USA terms). In Oklahoma, in most cases a Republican will win but on the flip side, how is one party rule working for places like Detroit and New York City? At the end of the day, I cannot say I feel sorry for some of these people, who vote in a lazy fashion.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 11:52 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

What's the point in voting when I live in an oligarchy masking as a democratic-republic run by kakistocrats? I basically feel like all I would be doing is swimming against the current at this point. :shrug:

Less bad is better than more bad. This sucks but it is still true.

What I wrote is especially true in these local elections where your vote has more of a chance of making a difference and where the candidates are less likely to be members of the oligarchy/deep state/zionist controlled media or what ever.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 11:56 am

I think another thing people are not considering is that all our politicians to choose from suck. We no longer get truly great and effective leaders to vote for like FDR or Abe Lincoln. Instead we get monsters like Trump or pathetic types who pay lip service like Biden.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 12:35 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
I think another thing people are not considering is that all our politicians to choose from suck. We no longer get truly great and effective leaders to vote for like FDR or Abe Lincoln. Instead we get monsters like Trump or pathetic types who pay lip service like Biden.

I think if you ask 100 people over 95 would agree politicians today suck compared to the “good old days”.

We talk about Trump’s cult of personality which is real but a large portion of his voters are quite aware he is a crook, a really bad person who is not going to deliver for them. Knowing all of that they vote for him thinking since we are doomed anyways so might as well make it as uncomfortable for those doing that to us as possible. Similar mentality to a retreating army burning down everything before they go.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 3:45 pm

There are likely people in the town who voted for Blevins who will now (if confronted) will deny they did. Like Trump I guess, The 75 million include middle class normal people who prefer not discussing their reasons.

A simple google search reveals who Blevins is. Perhaps the good folk in Enid don't have internet?