Does anyone else hate being outdoors?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Tanner1201
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Mar 2024, 12:02 pm

Summer is a miserable season for me, I much prefer winter. The bright sun, the heat, bugs, wind, sunscreen, dirt, GROSS! Does anyone else hate being outside? The most outdoor activity I want to do is get my packages from the front porch! :lol:

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 1:12 pm

Tanner1201 wrote:
Summer is a miserable season for me, I much prefer winter.

so do i...i really dont like summer that much :? *steals her packages from the front porch* ...no outdoor activities for you! :P

about an alien corpse
im the one who brought
the truth to the light

Comet Zed
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 3:30 pm

I don't like summer that much but I love being outdoors. As long as it's quiet and there aren't many people around.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 4:15 pm

Yes I'm familiar with the ridiculously extreme Arkansas summers. I consider it to be madness to be out in it at all. Can't even dodge the heat by going into the shady woods because of ticks and snakes, so it's all about being on baking hot tarmac and concrete, risking skin cancer and cataracts. And the humidity stops the sweat evaporating and cooling you down.

These days I spend summer in the UK where it's more temperate at least, but when I'm there I'm in a city and can't so easily get to anywhere that isn't crowded out with people and motor vehicles. But when I manage to, I love it. Some of the UK countryside and small villages are really beautiful.

Winter, early Spring, and late Autumn in Arkansas I don't mind so much when the rain, snow, massive thunderstorms, tornadoes, giant hailstones etc. aren't around. I'm OK with cold weather for a while as long as I'm well wrapped up. And I have to get some exercise. I just wish the locals wouldn't keep burning weeds and using wood stoves so much. It makes the air stink and I expect it's carcinogenic.

I don't know about this seasonal affective disorder thing. By rights I should be really depressed by now, having had so little sunlight for all these years. Even my house in the UK is very dark and gloomy because it's a mid-terrace and all the neighbours built kitchen extensions that blotted out what little sun there used to be. But I'm as chirpy now as I've ever been. I guess some of us are just immune to the syndrome.

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Mar 2024, 7:18 pm

Tanner1201 wrote:
Summer is a miserable season for me, I much prefer winter. The bright sun, the heat, bugs, wind, sunscreen, dirt, GROSS! Does anyone else hate being outside? The most outdoor activity I want to do is get my packages from the front porch! :lol:

SAME! The weather is miserable outside of the winter. Just today I walked outside with my dog and it's super bright outside and there are insects!! Noooooooo. Why does winter leave sooo fast? :cry:

Granted, I'm not an outdoorsy person in general. I like to say that I prefer the outdoors in the winter and that is true, but overall even when the conditions outside are nicest (in my eyes that means cool to chilly and overcast) I still prefer to be indoors. Just because indoors is my happy place (especially my own bedroom where I can control all sensory matters).

Anyway, I'm so happy to see someone else who feels the way I do. It's very rare to meet people who do.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 7:35 pm

I like being outside in my garden during spring time. I'm a lover of flowers. :flower:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 7:51 pm

I'm already worried about the wildfires we're going to have this summer. Every year it gets worse, and every year people just continue to live like a river in Egypt.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Mar 2024, 10:53 am

I've always been an inside person due to sensory issues, allergies, skin eczema, & my interests being inside things. I kinda like being outside in nicer weather but I need a reason to go outside like going shopping or my girlfriend wanting to go somewhere or going with her for a walk.

I thought I should add that I do strongly support protecting the environment despite me preferring to be inside. Climate change has been contributing to making outside more intolerable.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 29 Mar 2024, 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 10:56 am

I love to be outside in nature. Being a pea, I love to be in the woods where everything is green.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 12:41 pm

When I was a kid my family and I would go camping a lot in the summer and I'd really enjoy it. I loved swimming at the beaches or pools and sometimes I'd see wildlife such as rabbits and pheasants or even a deer. And many little red squirrels. Back then we never even thought about Lyme disease or West Nile virus or Zika virus or brain eating amoebas or even freaking rabies just from being out in nature. Getting a dark tan was a right of passage in the summer, whoever heard of skin cancer or premature winkling? I'd nearly always be unsupervised by adults and often wandering around the campgrounds by myself.

But those days are gone forever. It's just not safe to be outside anymore. And the humidity we get is just unbearable. It's a wonder we're not covered in moss by September. On the plus side, it does help to prevent wildfires, at least in the part of the country I live in.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 12:45 pm

No.

Winter sucks balls.

I want to be at the beach, motorcycle riding, kiteboarding, paddleboarding, having a beer with friends on the beach at sunset, barbecuing etc.

utterly absurd
Toucan
Toucan

29 Mar 2024, 7:45 pm

I enjoy being outside and not spending enough time in nature can make me very depressed.
However, some people will want to be outside all day and insist on staying out when I'm done. I get to a point where I've had enough and I need AC and a shower.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2024, 11:36 am

Zombie deer. Another thing that makes it unsafe to go out anymore. I always forget the best stuff.