The Bible says nothing about transgender people.

Page 5 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 9:07 pm

According to the PPR guidelines below, people are allowed to criticize beliefs - quite firmly, but not people. I don’t think this specific forum or all threads are for everyone. When I was still in a Christian cult, I probably would’ve avoided reading certain threads because they would’ve bothered me.

Quote:
While it is acceptable to attack and debate beliefs (political, religious etc) it is not acceptable to make generalised attacks on the adherents of those beliefs. It is acceptable to say that Republicanism, Liberalism, Christianity, Islam are stupid but not acceptable to make generalised attacks saying that Republicans, Liberals, Christians or Muslims are morons. You could say that some of these people are stupid because of (reason) but not make generalised attacks on groups of people. Similarly you could not say "Christians are morons" or "Muslims are terrorists" or "People on welfare are bums". Confine your attacks to the beliefs and politics, not the people holding them. The one exception to this is public figures themselves – by the very nature of their roles they are personally open to criticism.

Personal attacks.
Posters must refrain from making personal attacks. Do not call people stupid or a***holes etc for not agreeing with you. You are allowed to think this - moderators aren't the thought police! Just don't express it in your posts! Attack the opinion not the poster. Personal attacks are a slightly fuzzy area because criticising someone's political or religious beliefs could be interpreted by some as a personal attack (but moderators do not consider it such) similarly it is easy to insinuate that someone is stupid for having various opinions but frankly the moderators don't have the time or inclination to wade through every post looking for sarcastic comments! Provided people don't get too out of hand this forum is given a wide scope for debate; which frankly is what the members themselves want here, not moderators stepping in all the time censoring their opinions.

viewtopic.php?t=204613

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 03 Apr 2024, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 9:07 pm

j_k wrote:
Oh christ.... that is complete and utter nonsense and you know it.
It is the complete and honest truth, and conflicts only with your world-view, so deal with it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
According to the PPR guidelines below, people are allowed to criticize beliefs - quite firmly, but not people. I don’t think this specific forum or all threads are for everyone. When I was still in a Christian cult, I probably would’ve avoided reading certain threads because they would’ve bothered me.
I avoided PP&R for a long time because it seemed that everyone was something of a 'snowflake' -- the sub-forum was more of a verbal firing range than anything else.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 9:14 pm

Fnord wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
I avoided PP&R for a long time because it seemed that everyone was something of a 'snowflake' -- the sub-forum was more of a verbal firing range than anything else.

I avoided it for a long time when I first joined because it seemed like a bit of a boys’ club, especially considering certain members, mostly of the far right variety, who are no longer with us.

j_k
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Apr 2024, 9:20 pm

As a matter of fact.... I will deal with it. But if you could do the rest of us a favor... stop commenting on things you really don't contribute to and dont know sh-t about. You lay guilt trips on people even when they are trying to better themselves. When you are right and someone admits it, somehow they are not "right enough" for you. You need to be better. It's weird having this argument because WE AGREE ON THINGS AND YOU MAKE IT HARDER FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME TO CONVINCE OTHER PEOPLE!! !! !! But go on. I'm sure you will. Go ahead and reply with some cryptic bullsh-t.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 9:25 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
I avoided it for a long time when I first joined because it seemed like a bit of a boys’ club, especially considering certain members, mostly of the far right variety, who are no longer with us.
I sometimes wonder whatever happened to those who voluntarily quit.  Did they find their echo chambers, or what?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 9:27 pm

j_k wrote:
As a matter of fact.... I will deal with it. But if you could do the rest of us a favor... stop commenting on things you really don't contribute to and dont know sh-t about. You lay guilt trips on people even when they are trying to better themselves. When you are right and someone admits it, somehow they are not "right enough" for you. You need to be better. It's weird having this argument because WE AGREE ON THINGS AND YOU MAKE IT HARDER FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME TO CONVINCE OTHER PEOPLE!! ! ! ! ! But go on. I'm sure you will. Go ahead and reply with some cryptic bullsh-t.
Dude, chill out!  You cannot dictate what others say or think, so you waste your time doing it.  My comments are fact-based unless I specifically call them out as my opinions.

There, clear enough for you?

j_k

03 Apr 2024, 9:30 pm

Fnord wrote:
j_k wrote:
As a matter of fact.... I will deal with it. But if you could do the rest of us a favor... stop commenting on things you really don't contribute to and dont know sh-t about. You lay guilt trips on people even when they are trying to better themselves. When you are right and someone admits it, somehow they are not "right enough" for you. You need to be better. It's weird having this argument because WE AGREE ON THINGS AND YOU MAKE IT HARDER FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME TO CONVINCE OTHER PEOPLE!! ! ! ! ! But go on. I'm sure you will. Go ahead and reply with some cryptic bullsh-t.
Dude, chill out!  You cannot dictate what others say or think, so you waste your time doing it.  My comments are fact-based unless I specifically call them out as my opinions.

There, clear enough for you?

Your comments are, in fact, not fact-based. You are just being impossible to please.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

04 Apr 2024, 2:56 am

! Cornflake wrote:
Now the topic has been abandoned in favor of bickering, I think we're done here.

Locked.