Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

utterly absurd
Toucan
Toucan

09 Apr 2024, 8:08 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
utterly absurd wrote:
You would not believe the hell my family has been through but it paid off. We watched it and it was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

Did you guys pack like Time Square into some field on a country road? I heard there were Army Corp concerns about this turning into a dozen Woodstocks worth of traffic jam on roads not meant to handle it.

(A dark comedic thought crossed my mind - someone's going to eventually say 'Yeah - I had to knock a guy out but I saw the eclipse!!')

No, we managed to beat the crowds but instead we got extreme wind and all our stuff nearly ended up in a lake.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2024, 10:28 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Did anyone in the eastern part of the US get to see the eclipse?

We were just lucky, ie. directly under the path of it, so we didn't need to drive anywhere to get the full effect. The only downer - there was a small cloud over the sun where I was at so I missed what I was most excited to see which was the fractal crescent moon shadows people talk about.

Did anyone else catch both?

I saw the eclipse but I did not see full totality

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2024, 11:21 am

I was right in the path of the Eclipse, over 4 minutes of totality. The moon began to slide between the Earth and Sun. This lasted about an hour. Then there was the total eclipse. Then another hour of partial eclipse.

At the beginning of this 2 hour event, it was very hot. But about a half an hour in the temperatures dropped significantly. During the total eclipse it was actually cold.

It was a beautiful sight to see the sun become invisible except for the extreme rims surround the moon.

ChicagoLiz
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Apr 2024, 3:26 pm

I took photos of the 95% eclipse through the holes of a colander, but can't figure out where to post it so that I can link to it here. The sky was a dark French blue-gray, which shows in the photo. Wish I could have been further south to see the totality, but it was still very special.