Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2024, 8:47 pm

I heard a disturbing remark today from John Bolton; he called Biden weak because he called for restraint in the middle east between Israel and Iran. If you threaten to hit someone with a club it may temporarily cause them to submit but the problem will not be solved. Bolton was in Trump's cabinet for awhile so automatically he lacks credibility (the same as FOX). Bolton is well known as a hawk so I can't tell if his rhetoric was just a remark in opposition to democrats or if he really felt an attack would have been the best course of action. What do you think?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2024, 7:52 am

Like...just about EVERY former official who ever worked with President Trump...and saw Trump upclose and personal...Bolton now condemns Trump...and thinks him unworthy...if not dangerous to allow back into the Oval Office.

But true to Bolton's far right creed he has to claim that he cant stomach Biden either.

Ironically Bolton is of the Hawkish faction of the American Right...while Trump tapped into an ignored isolationist sentiment in the grassroots ...that now rules the GOP. And Trump seems to...go out of his way to please Putin for some reason as well. So both Trump and Bolton are at least as pro Israel as Biden, but as I understand it Bolton is also pro Ukraine like Biden. But unlike Trump who doesnt like crossing Putin...for some reason.

Yes...I dont see the point of retaliating against someone who is retaliating against you. Unless you WANT to start a cycle of violence.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2024, 11:37 am

Hawks vs. Doves? I think Vultures vs. Turkeys is more fitting for politics.