Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2024, 9:46 am

I realized I've been taking advice from someone in my dreams and using it in real life. Also I think about them a lot. Whenever I mention it people get really worried. I sometimes think they're a guardian angel. It's getting problematic because I start to think they live inside me somehow. I sometimes blame behaviors on them such as angry outbursts because I think it's them getting mad that they can't be seen or they're defending me.

It's really difficult to talk about because everybody I've told reacts in a really weird way. I have to pretend I don't think it. I have to pretend that I don't talk to them. I don't hear them. I just talk to them when I feel they're there. I just really don't know what would happen if I told the truth. Yes, I believe it but I also am aware it's probably not real. Yet I hold on. It's disorienting. Sometimes I think I'm part of something and other times I realize I'm just me.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2024, 10:38 am

Your brain contains both your dreaming capability and your general cognitive capability and your every day thoughts. Sometimes those different things can cross over and be related to one another.

It is unusual for a 'normal' person to think that characters or 'forces' in their dreams are having an effect on a persons behaviour, hence the seeming puzzled responses you are receiving from people you have talked to about this issue.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2024, 9:35 am

I've had dreams of animals that protect me since childhood.