Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2024, 11:48 am

Why would you get sent to jail

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2024, 12:36 pm

You're very prone to catastrophizing and assuming the worst. Learning to better manage those tendencies will likely improve your overall mental health.

https://psychcentral.com/lib/what-is-catastrophizing
https://www.healthline.com/health/anxie ... trophizing
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basi ... trophizing

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2024, 2:10 pm

babybird wrote:

Framed for a felony

Because sometimes someone thinks I look suspicious. The way I walk is weird (according to them). Inadequate eye contact. Whatever.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2024, 2:33 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
babybird wrote:

Framed for a felony

Because sometimes someone thinks I look suspicious. The way I walk is weird (according to them). Inadequate eye contact. Whatever.

Someone would likely have to invest significant effort in order to frame you for a felony. It's very unlikely that someone is going to feel motivated enough to attempt doing so.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2024, 7:55 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
babybird wrote:

Framed for a felony

Someone would likely have to invest significant effort in order to frame you for a felony. It's very unlikely that someone is going to feel motivated enough to attempt doing so.

not everyone finds the same things motivating.

things that are "very unlikely" do happen sometimes.

some people have plenty of time, $$, energy, and authority.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
babybird wrote:

Framed for a felony

not everyone finds the same things motivating.

things that are "very unlikely" do happen sometimes.

some people have plenty of time, $$, energy, and authority.

This is an example of seeking to rationalize irrational fears. If you're always worried about highly unlikely outcomes being constantly worried is an inevitable consequence of that. Learning to break those cycles is the only way to improve things.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2024, 9:15 pm

When something bad does happen, having worried about it for years does not make it any easier or any better. The problem you are experiencing is your anxiety over something possibly happening, not the events themselves, which have not happened and in all likelihood never will.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2024, 2:37 am

funeralxempire wrote:
You're very prone to catastrophizing and assuming the worst. Learning to better manage those tendencies will likely improve your overall mental health.

https://psychcentral.com/lib/what-is-catastrophizing
https://www.healthline.com/health/anxie ... trophizing
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basi ... trophizing

Yes listen to the cat...they know what they are talking about. the worst part about catastrophizing is it can be hard to recognize when you are doing it cause at the time it feels like you really do have a valid concern but sometimes your also panicking for no reason. Like I got a set of speakers for my new pc and freaked out cause the sound wasn't working but then looked back at the speaker instuctions and realised the knob i was trying to turn up was just for base adjuustment and the same knob that turns on the speaker is actually the one that controls volume. But before I looked at that I did kind of immaturaly freak out about it which my boyfriend didn't really like. Which is understandable.

but a good way to see if you have a problem with catastrophizing is like do you feel like what some people would see as minor issues litterally feel like the end of the world to you, even when you realize logically that's not the case it can still feel like it.