Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 4:47 pm

AlexC179 wrote:
USF just keeps going with their awesome defense, they might make the BCS interesting if they go undefeated and 2 1 loss teams get into the national title game and they are excluded.

IF USF went undefeated they would be in the National championship game for sure. They have a murderous schedule and unlike Boise State of last year, USF is a BCS team, so they don't have to do as much as Boise did. They're already in the top 5.

3 QBs went down in the NFL that I heard. Next week Cleo Lemon will start for the Fins, Kurt Warner for the Cards, and David Carr for The Panthers. How do you think they'll do?

The Cowboys Pats game isn't even the Sunday nighter, it's on Sunday at 3:15 ct. Talk about bad scheduling.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 8:18 pm

The Cowboys game was frustrating to watch. They fight to take a lead, only to completely fold after a couple bad calls from the refs, they just seemed to give up which was unforgivable.

In college it was a rough day for the unbeatens. We lost almost half of them. Five of the 11 went down. Cal was killed by their backup freshman QB's boneheaded play at the end. Cincinnati just didn't have enough offense. Connecticut lost because of poor officiating and horrible snaps late by their center. Missouri was just too sloppy. LSU was victimized by their schedule and their moronic DT who thought he could get away with a cheap shot.

On an interesting note, according to the BCS standings if the National Championship were played today it would be Ohio State versus USF (Only Undefeated School in Florida as they are now called).

There are no more potential matchups of undefeateds for this entire season. :cry: Excluding the National Championship of course.

After 7 weeks 6 undefeated teams remain. This list is getting short, there may not be any left soon.

Arizona State Sun Devils (7-0)
Boston College Eagles (7-0)
Hawaii Warriors (7-0)
Kansas Jayhawks (6-0)
Ohio State Buckeyes (7-0)
South Florida Bulls (6-0)

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2007, 2:05 am

i think the entire ranking system will crumble if south florida gets a championship game.

there's too much talent in the SEC and it ends up counting against them because almost every team in the SEC (except those in mississippi) can beat any team.

i'd hardly say LSU losing is as much a strike for them to fall far in the charts as much as it is a reason for kentucky to be moved up.

but i will say....stupid playcalling by miles and too many penalties killed LSU and they could have won had they not given up over 100 yards in penalties.

BubbaHoTep
Toucan
Toucan

15 Oct 2007, 9:52 pm

Some things don't change. Les Miles was known for bone-headed playcalling at Oklahoma State. I was surprised when LSU hired him.

This truly has been the Year of the Underdog. Hopefully it will help bring us closer to a playoff system.

taxman
Raven
Raven

02 Dec 2007, 10:47 pm

So what did people think about how things turned out? I thought LSU deserved to make it to the championship game--they ended up winning the toughest conference and would have been undefeated but for 2 triple OT games. Pretty much most of the other teams with losses had at least one loss that was embarrassing. Not so with LSU.

Ohio State I'm skeptical of--their conference was really weak this year and I really don't think they're going to do any better than last time. I will be interested to see the game, but I think USC or Oklahoma were probably more deserving. Of those, I'd probably prefer to see USC go up against LSU--we've never really seen USC have to go up against a quality SEC team.

I'll be interested to see Oklahoma and West Virginia play, though. Don't know if USC and Illinois will be that great of a matchup. I'll probably check out Georgia and Hawaii too.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2007, 4:57 am

The way this season has gone I thought they might as well have just sent Hawaii, it would've made a better story. Hey, at least they knew how not to lose to unranked teams.

I wonder who wins the Heisman? My guess is Tebow, he wouldn't be my first pick but that's who I get the feeling they'll choose.

quiet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Dec 2007, 3:16 am

I think Ohio State will get beaten yet again.

taxman wrote:
I'll probably check out Georgia and Hawaii too.

That will be a great game.

wolphin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2007, 3:57 am

My eye will be on Georgia-Hawaii. If Hawaii pulls the upset though, there will probably be some #1 AP votes for them.

You're right about how USC hasn't gotten to play a real SEC team recently, especially disappointing because of all the talk about how great the SEC is. Last USC-SEC matchup I think was in 2003 when USC absolutely creamed Auburn.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2007, 5:21 am

wolphin wrote:
Last USC-SEC matchup I think was in 2003 when USC absolutely creamed Auburn.

They smacked Arkansas last year.