Here's a tip for your online profile...

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

zee
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 1:20 am

Tips aside, you can work on your online profile as much as you like, but you won't change into that person. If you're shallow and image-consious, it will show soon enough.

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 9:51 am

calandale wrote:
But, if you really would prefer a
taller man, wouldn't you always
be sort of cheating the person
that you're with?

Depends on how strong your preference is.

If it would really bother you that the guy is short, then yes.

But if it wasn't of major importance to you, then no.

IMO, the ability to overlook things that aren't fatal flaws, yet don't fit your personal image of perfection, is crucial to finding happiness in a relationship.

calandale wrote:
there are a lot of women
with poor body images, yet who look fine
to me, so stating my preference for a
slender body seems an error.

Good point. Maybe putting "height/weight proportional" would work? Sounds a lot less exclusionary than "slender" -- a lot of women could read that as meaning "model-thin".

Either that, or you could simply not mention it, and then screen out women who are too heavy for you based on their photos. That seems the safer way, quite frankly.

calandale wrote:
I probably wouldn't like someone
much taller than I am, but I wouldn't write that
off either.

Then you shouldn't put it in your ad, or anyone taller than you will be turned off! That's the point I've been trying to make.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 11:02 am

0_equals_true wrote:
Good point I seem to prefer brunettes and other shades rather than platinum blondes but I wouldn't put that in there.

Don't you have a b/f?

A girl who used to work with me said that she thinks brunettes have nicer facial features.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 11:07 am

Rakathan wrote:
Haha...I'm starting to wonder if a lot of aspies seem to like redheads for some reason. I never turn my head for the blonds that seem to appear on TV and magazine covers all the time, but whenever I see someone with green eyes, extremely pale skin, crimson red hair, and maybe a few freckles I shiver.

Ya, I like Irish girls too! :)

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 11:22 am

juliekitty wrote:
Rakathan wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if a lot of aspies seem to like redheads for some reason.

Maybe it's because aspies are smart and redheads rule? :wink:

Nice! The hair in this picture is the same shade as my ex-wife's hair. Sadly, it never reached this length, but at my request she managed to grow it halfway there. She must have liked the effect, because she's left it long, even though she hates me now. :)

Last edited by Ragtime on 11 Sep 2007, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 11:31 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
Why you are so jealous of asian girls?

Asain girls are hot. Don't mean to derail -- just a personal observation.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 11:44 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
calandale wrote:
The whole thing of meeting someone online
seems pretty unnatural. Basically, there probably
are NO matches for what I want. But, in person,
after having someone fall for me, I think that I
could convince.

Ditto. I have like 62 eharmony matches and I haven't contacted a one of them. Its not that I have any fear of them, more that I just see so much of the same plain-vanilla "This is the cute thing to write that everyone writes" that I can't even see the real personalities behind the masks; it bothers me too much.

I had that same experience. I tried eharmony for six months, and every girl's descriptions that they wrote all said the same things -- to the point where the girls were indistinguishable from each other. Sheesh... Almost every girl's profile was a long string of cliché phrases about the kind of person she is, and the kind of man she wants.

But, my standards are such that it would be unlikely for me to be satisfied with a girl I met through a dating site. I mean, there are some special ones on there, but as girls are asked out a lot more than guys (on average), I don't know why a girl who's got a lot going for her would need to join a dating site -- they likely get asked out about once a week. Now, before I flamed, remember I said there are exceptions. I know, because I married one. I met my ex-wife on Yahoo Personals, back when they were free, and we were VERY compatible, indeed, but just too contentious together for it to work in the long run. So, I got a 2.5-year marriage from a Yahoo Personals ad. But it was VERY rocky/unstable.

Last edited by Ragtime on 11 Sep 2007, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 11:46 am

red heads rule in many ways :P
I just like red hair-I mean its not over any other colours...
I just am raving about it right now
:D

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 12:37 pm

Kilroy wrote:
red heads rule in many ways :P
I just like red hair-I mean its not over any other colours...
I just am raving about it right now
:D

Same with me about Asian girls. I have no real preference for them above other girls.