Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

PawsAlmighty
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Sep 2007, 8:13 am

This probably sounds trivial but I'm really upset over this. His name is PurrSnicKitty. He is a seal point siamese and he's very personable. He always comes home when it rains, but he didn't yesterday though it rained most of the day. I'm worried and rather sad.
:( :( :cry:

Mother to 5

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

12 Sep 2007, 8:27 am

Not trivial at all thats family. Friendly cats will pop into a neighbors house for a visit. He might be getting his belly rubbed by some pot heads eating a sardine watching a bird show on Animal planted and be home later today. :)

michel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2007, 9:21 am

Oh, I totally get that. Not trivial at all. Paris Hilton's actions are trivial, your cat missing is not.

I just rescued a cat a couple of months ago, and I'm already totally attached to her. I named her Sabu. She's a blue point siamese that had been abandoned and lived for a long time under the place where I bartend.

Once, she went missing for almost two days. I was going nuts. She finally showed up at the front door, looking at me like "What took you so long?". So try not to be sad or worried too much. I know it's hard, but try... :)

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2007, 9:27 am

It is always stressful when furry four footed friends forget to come home! I have had that stress several times in the last few years and keep a MS Word document with my Makusla's description and pic, my phone number and how much I miss him ready to print up. I also keep a little box of the push pins so I can immediately start on a search for my little guy.

If he wants to wander, or go for an adventure, I certainly wouldn't want to cramp his style. But he lives here and I would miss him if he decided to go. However if he was injured or needed help, I would want to be there for him.

I'll be thinking of you, so be sure to tell us the happy news!

Merle

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2007, 9:32 am

TheMachine1 wrote:
Not trivial at all thats family. Friendly cats will pop into a neighbors house for a visit. He might be getting his belly rubbed by some pot heads eating a sardine watching a bird show on Animal planted and be home later today. :)

We can only hope :)

edal
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2007, 11:02 am

First questions:

1) Is your cat chipped, if not, why not?

2) Does your cat have a disk with your phone # on their collar?

Ed Almos (Cat Person)

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2007, 11:08 am

I hope he comes home soon...if you have any storage sheds or outside garages check to make sure he didn't get shut in by accident running in out of the rain.

Neighbor's cat runs in my shed every time I open it up to get something out...of course when I call to see if he's still in there before closing the door he hides and doesn't move or say a peep so I usually think he's gotten bored and went hunting....he seems to know I'll go and check back later if I don't see him outside to make sure he isn't shut in there...then he comes out crying and gives me a huge guilt trip and rakes in some kitty treats.

JsMom
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Sep 2007, 12:19 pm

I agree with BeenThere. Check all the places that have closed doors. One of my kitties likes to hide and sleep in closets. I always leave my closet door open because that is usually her closet of choice. Sometimes she gets locked in by accident by someone who doesn't realize she might be in there. One time she hid in my son's closet when he was away on vacation, and my husband closed the door. She very rarely goes into his room, so my husband didn't think about it. She didn't make a sound for TWO DAYS!! ! Oh! I felt so bad!! ! All that time I thought she was outside. Boy, was I was happy to see her again!

Good luck finding your kitty!

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2007, 12:30 pm

JsMom wrote:
I agree with BeenThere. Check all the places that have closed doors. One of my kitties likes to hide and sleep in closets. I always leave my closet door open because that is usually her closet of choice. Sometimes she gets locked in by accident by someone who doesn't realize she might be in there. One time she hid in my son's closet when he was away on vacation, and my husband closed the door. She very rarely goes into his room, so my husband didn't think about it. She didn't make a sound for TWO DAYS!! ! Oh! I felt so bad!! ! All that time I thought she was outside. Boy, was I was happy to see her again!

Good luck finding your kitty!

Not a long time ago, in British Columbia, my friends cat could not be taken along to where the family was moving, so they regretfully gave away the cat to the local non kill shelter. They kept in contact with the shelter because Merlin was a sensitive boy and missed his kitty. Months passed and the family returned to the area again to live after what became a short trip to Scandinavia and Merlin was even more devistated because his father had past. They called the shelter to inquire of what ever happened to the cat and found that the older woman that had adopted the cat had passed away and kitty was staying there for about 2 weeks, would they like to come down and claim their cat?!?

:) true story!

Merle

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2007, 12:56 pm

I hope you find him soon

"Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is
fighting some kind of battle".

Scramjet
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Sep 2007, 1:52 pm

Got any good photos of PurrSnicKitty? Use some to make a "wanted-poster" on your computer, along with some contact info and advice such as checking sheds and outhouses etc., then stick those posters around and about the neighbourhood.

msgreengenes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2007, 1:58 pm

Oh, I feel for you <3 I hope your cat comes home soon, both of my cats went missing for five days when they were young but they did turn up again, so I hope the same happens for you. How old is he?

PawsAlmighty

12 Sep 2007, 3:33 pm

Still no sign of him, I've checked everywhere inside and walked up the road a bit. I'd kind of like to knock on the neighbors door but I've never met them and it would be a bit awkward for me. someone asked about his age, he is almost 2. He is neutered, so I know he isn't out being a tom.
I could make posters, but my printer is out of ink and I live very rurally (is that technically a word?) so there isn't many people along my road.

Mother to 5

msgreengenes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2007, 3:48 pm

My boy cat was neutered too when he went off, males just have a stronger urge to wander. I'm sure he'll show up! Try calling the closest vets and putting a lost notice for him there with a description, the receptionist will write it down in a book of missing pets, and ask if they've had any cats with that description reported found, or brought in. We live in the middle of nowhere too, so I understand.

asperity
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Sep 2007, 3:53 pm

No, not trivial. I hope he shows up. He sounds sweet.

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Sep 2007, 4:17 pm

Is your cat "fixed"? Sorry to be indelicate, but he may just be out "enjoying himself w/ the ladies"
Every pet I ever had would stay out in the rain if anyone local was "in heat". Good Luck and it's NOT trivial at all. When my dog died it hurt so bad I'm not willing to go thru it again so I haven't had a pet in over 10 years.

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."