Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

AspieMartian
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Oct 2007, 9:45 pm

Anyone here ever written plays? Although I'm no expert about play production and acting, I have always been very interested in theater. I am very fascinated (obsessed) with Shakespeare and Tennessee Williams, as well as various other playwrights. But I've never attempted writing a play until recently. Funny thing is, that once I started writing the first one, I immediately started getting ideas for other plays. I don't know if any of them will be good, but I'm hoping to have them read through and evaluated professionally so I can get some of them published at some point.

It's pretty intimidating, actually, writing in a genre that I've always had some high respect for yet never actually done. I've been very open about advice I can get from anyone and anywhere about writing plays. It's been a learning experience so far, for sure. I can't imagine what kinds of comments a professional reader might make about my plays - I know a guy who took a playwriting class, and the teacher was brutal with him. But them again, he wrote a really bad play for that class. LOL. I hoping mine aren't that bad!

If anyone here's written or play, or better yet, had one published or produced, do you have any advice for me?

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 7:44 am

Never have done playwriting but I know the same group that does NaNoWriMo every November (http://www.nanowrimo.org) does a fun thing called Script Frenzy in June. Might want to look it up. :)