Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 5:01 pm

A very technical aspie, I never got into music, EVER!! ! I listened to my dad's oldies, or any right wing talk, or whatever mundane top-40's that my age 14 brother exaggerates. That is, until I sync'd the album "A Beautiful Lie" by 30 Seconds to Mars. Listening to it now, something about these well-written grungy screamers almost makes me go into a blissful trance.

This got me to thinking. With all of the moments of depression (especially for those Strattera users :cry: ), thrown in with substantial cynicism, if any aspie has delved into the emo culture, uprising, etc. I'm not in the public school circuit, so it is rather difficult to determine.

The only problem now is that these cultures become marketed to the sell-out populous. I noticed some NT just chuckle at the f-bomb thrown into My Chem Romance's "I'm Not Okay." I hope 30STM doesn't become sell-outs.

Nevertheless, I still wonder of a merge, maybe an EMOTISM.

Spaceplayer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2007, 6:09 pm

I was a bit too old for emo when it burst on the scene. In my day, we had Pink Floyd. :)

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 9:52 pm

Like I said, I was listening to oldies'. Only recently have I received this album.