Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

UltimApe
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2004, 11:40 pm

I've noticed that alot of the threads pertain to a sterotypical "kid" ideal.
Kids aren't dumb. and shouldn't be treated like they are.

Strive to learn about things that make yourself empowered.

With the internet, you can look up words, find out about all sorts of inteteresting stuff and become a better person.

Standing still is going nowhere.

LadyBug
Toucan
Toucan

02 Aug 2004, 9:13 am

UltimApe wrote:

With the internet, you can look up words, find out about all sorts of inteteresting stuff and become a better person.

You got that right!

I am a knowledgeable, mature adult, who vows never to grow up (not sure if I can). Yet I can and do in fact grow old. :-)

What an extremely bright person you appear to be!

LadyBug

KtMcS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Aug 2004, 7:24 am

I once came across a AS teen's site which was terrible. It kept saying 'Do this if you want to fit in and be popular.'

ick

Sonas càirdeas

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2004, 7:53 pm

KtMcS wrote:
I once came across a AS teen's site which was terrible. It kept saying 'Do this if you want to fit in and be popular.'

ick

LET ME GUESS...THAT aSPERGERtEENS ONE WHERE THEY PRAISE THE ONES WHO SPEND A LOT OF TIME READING ABOUT THEIR FAVORITE SUBJECT AND BEING ALL DISRESPECTFUL TO THE OTHER TYPE, WHICH IS ME.

i DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHY IT WOULD DESERVE TO BE IN THE lINKS MODULE. tHE WEBMASTER THERE CLEARLY isn't SOMEBODY WITH as. hE'S FAR TOO BOSSY.

sORRY ABOUT THE CAPSLOCK. i LEFT IT ON BY ACCIDENT, BUT IT'S TOO LATE NOW TO FIX MY POST.

:!: mICH :?:

alex
Developer
Developer

06 Sep 2004, 8:40 pm

KtMcS wrote:

ick

Can you tell me what is terrible about helping people fit in and be popular? Some people want to fit in. Also, what is wrong with becoming popular?

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2004, 2:08 pm

alex wrote:
KtMcS wrote:

ick

Can you tell me what is terrible about helping people fit in and be popular? Some people want to fit in. Also, what is wrong with becoming popular?

I can. Sometimes it requires aspies doing lame-o things like acting like everybody else and restriects what people talk about till the point when it's just too darn sickening.

Go to www.aspergerteens.com ONLY if you can take all the tips that will just make you seem generic if you use them.

:!: Mich :?:

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2005, 6:04 am

Do you know what the price of being popular is - it is losing your own identity and just being a "clone". It can also mean being a "suck up", which is something I never wanted to be.

It's okay to check out suggestions about how to become more popular but if you don't feel comfortable with doing or saying those things, you shouldn't have to feel guilty.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2005, 9:02 pm

UltimApe wrote:

I agree. we aren't dumb. whats up w/ the " favorite color" and animal threads?