Page 8 of 8 [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Maxrebo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Apr 2008, 12:37 pm

I like sponge bob its funny but your right all the others are stupid beside that and camp laslow because its down by the people that made rocko. Dora the explorer is horrible if I had kids now though I am to young and would need a girl friend but that aside I would never let them watch that show because you learn spanish and I dont thing we has american citizens should have to learn spanish they should learn english. Thats just my opinion.

rasha
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Apr 2008, 3:46 pm

I know what you guys are saying about todays cartoons,Cartoon Network pretty much sucks now. I grew up with the cartoons of the 90's when they were the best:). I loved both Sonic cartoons,Tazmania,Xmen,The Tick,Earthworm Jim, the old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,Freakazoid,Animanics,Eek the cat,Bobby's World,Chip and Dale,Tailspin,and BeetleJuice.

yvaN_ehT_nioJ
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 9:38 pm

I really enjoyed shows from the 90's. Rocko's Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, Dexter's Labratory, Freakazoid, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, and others.

They were all a lot more funny then the idiotic drivel kids call a "cartoon" that's on nowadays.

Also, I'd probably like Alone in the Dark at my current age but back in the 90's when I was still in pre-school/ elementary (1998-1999+) it scared the heck out of me.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 8:47 am

I was going through the channels on a Saturday a couple weeks ago to see how Saturday morning cartoon show have come along, they haven't they've actually went backwards, there was one in particular where there was a robot who said the only way it could defeat its enemy was to channel hi chi, how the heck does a robot have chi! like american cartoons are trying to hard to be like animes or something.

Maxrebo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Apr 2008, 4:47 pm

Thats true the 90's cartoons where awesome no its was just the 90's in genral it was when our current earlier part of my generation was growing up then the annoying half came later the one's that love stupid crap like hanna montana and high school musical that things make high school seem fun where in real life its more like gutanmo bay. Speaking of that I heard they tourted the prisoners at gutanmo bay by playing hanna montana music with current cartoons and then show high school musical to the prisoners who haven't cracked yet.

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2008, 4:49 pm

Betzalel wrote:
My favorites show had to be Gargoyles all the way up until they butchered it and made "the Goliath Chronicles" which was basically throwing out Greg Weisman's wonderful writing and going for real crap writing and crap animation.

now they show them in re-runs I think maybe not at all now and when they did do reruns they were always out of order.. I will never forget the stupid show they replaced it with... Mighty Ducks what a total piece of crap that show was.

I loved Gargoyles!! I liked it better than the Mighty Ducks. I also could not get enough of this show Sailor Moon, even though this was a girl show (but I had a crush on all those Sailor Scouts).

As for today's brand new cartoons, I still don't like them nor will I ever watch them.

POKEMONMASTER260
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 May 2008, 10:34 am

Well, since I haven't had the sensory overload AS symptom since before I could remember, I actually REALLY like shows like SpongeBob, or Fairly OddParents, or Pokemon.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 10:43 am

yvaN_ehT_nioJ wrote:
I really enjoyed shows from the 90's. Rocko's Modern Life

watch camp lazlo, by the same crew ;)

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 4:00 pm

I hate the newest cartoon shows. If I had the channels, I'd still watch the cartoon I did when I was a kid. Ren & Stimpy, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Thunder Cats, and a bunch of others. :)

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 4:25 pm

'The Mighty B!' is a great cartoon that just came out. It has that 'Ren and Stimpy' feel to it.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 3:01 am

Anyone LOLing here?

If you were older, you would be attacking the shows you hold vaunted :P

Also,t he new shows can be cool. Foster's Home 8)

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 5:22 am

not really into any of the new cartoons, apart from that x men one they did few years ago and that Jackie Chan one.