Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 11:35 pm

When you think about it, a lot of the issues don't matter all that much. Nothing's that wrong, there's a lot of room for improvement to be sure, but it's mostly BS and should be taken as such.

Lean back, take a deep breath, relax, let it roll over you, and don't take it so seriously.

The fact that it really is all BS means that it is OK to let it go. The good things in life, the pleasures, the satisfaction of a job well done, those what deserve to be taken seriously.

SleepyDragon
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 12:14 am

Good point, Remnant. :) Like the man said:

1. Don't sweat the small stuff.
2. It's all small stuff.

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 12:39 am

I'm tired of bitching. Even when you realize it intellectually, it takes time to develop the attitude that it is a way of life to live by small victories and pleasures.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 1:07 am

Even if there is a lot of BS you never know what sort of treasures someone else could pick out of these postings.

Beammeup
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Dec 2007, 3:57 am

Remnant wrote:
I'm tired of bitching. Even when you realize it intellectually, it takes time to develop the attitude that it is a way of life to live by small victories and pleasures.

I’m tired of ‘bitching’ too, perhaps I’ll just let the ‘other’ side b***h for awhile…

Conquer with love perhaps. But I’ll need to poke here and there just to keep a thought towards knowing that the status quo is a b***h of existence.

Yes, "live life by small victories and pleasures"....

SpaceStace
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Dec 2007, 8:26 am

Hear, hear! This thread is like a breath of fresh air we all need to remember to let go and let live.

Another saying (from my yoga instructor in L.A.):

Nothing ever "happens to you". Things happen. Your reaction is what you make happen to yourself.

Rynessa
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2007, 12:57 pm

I think a lot of people complain here because this is the only contact they have with others who understand their issues.
I don't think it means that these same people go around complaining and feeling down in real life.
I myself have vented here a few times, about topics that I have never mentioned outside of WP. I'm pretty happy/content most of the time.

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 5:34 pm

Rynessa, yep.

faithfilly
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2007, 7:25 pm

Does BS make for good fertilizer? :chin: It sure doesn't seem much good for anything else. :shrug:

Irisrises
Toucan
Toucan

12 Dec 2007, 6:03 am

If there's a lot of BS there's a lot of satisfaction to be had from cleaning it up. Like cleaning the house. It's not fun, but it could be satisfying.

I don't enjoy my situation, but it's worthwhile. It's not a rut, that's for sure. :(

Cernunnos
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2007, 8:29 am

I tend to vent a lot, cos I feel I need to get stuff off my chest.

On the whole experience has taught me that 95% of the crap I get stressed about never comes to full fruition, and the 5% that does ... well, I've survived, and even if I don't necessarily feel stronger because of it, I'm certainly wiser.

busy91
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Dec 2007, 10:03 am

Remnant wrote:
When you think about it, a lot of the issues don't matter all that much. Nothing's that wrong, there's a lot of room for improvement to be sure, but it's mostly BS and should be taken as such.

Lean back, take a deep breath, relax, let it roll over you, and don't take it so seriously.

The fact that it really is all BS means that it is OK to let it go. The good things in life, the pleasures, the satisfaction of a job well done, those what deserve to be taken seriously.

Can you go talk to my mom please. She stresses! Wow! I mean over the smallest stuff.
My BS meter was at ZERO yesterday, every one was coming to me with trivial crap, and I was like...go away!

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2007, 10:22 am

This is true,

Most all my bitching and whining is here on line,
I hardly ever say anything to real people in my life,
for the most part I have no real friends to talk with
and its nice to have a place to vent with a little input now and then.

I would work on more positive things, and have been trying to do so,
just the stress and pressures dealing with the issues I have been having to deal with
are a bit heavy now and then, a couple of the threads I started I wish I could delete,
I asked Alix but he ignored me, if the threads no longer existed I would less likely feel
the need to keep posting on them and what I have posted before was mostly my recent
dealings with my anger and frustrations and hurt over/with my ex.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 5:55 am

SpaceStace wrote:
Hear, hear! This thread is like a breath of fresh air we all need to remember to let go and let live.

Another saying (from my yoga instructor in L.A.):

Nothing ever "happens to you". Things happen. Your reaction is what you make happen to yourself.
Um, not necessarily.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

SpaceStace
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jan 2008, 11:13 am

Pandora wrote:
SpaceStace wrote:
Um, not necessarily.

Of course not, but when the little things out of my control start to really get under my skin, the saying helps me let go and calm myself. I've stopped many meltdowns with that recognition.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 9:14 am

If it helps, all to the good. I don't seem to be able to stop panic attacks so easily though.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon