Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

The_New_Writer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jan 2008, 8:17 pm

Jaejoongfangirl wrote:
When I was in Kindergarden (about 4 years old) I could already read really well. When you guys were young, did you have any special achedemic or creative talents that were sort of out-of the ordinary? What were they? I want to hear stories.

This is kind of random, but I'm curious.

Well, there's no real story to this, but I learned to read when I was two. My first book was "Hop on Pop" by Doctor Suess. All my siblings so far have read from this book as their first book. And thats all there is to that story.

m91
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jan 2008, 4:15 pm

Ever since I was 7 my teacher noticed that I had an amazing ability for Maths. I've built on that, and I did an early GCSE in Statistics when I was 13 (Year 2004), and got a grade A*, the following year I got A* in GCSE Maths, and earlier this year, I got a grade A in Advanced Level Mathematics (That's A2, not AS).

I'm from England by the way.

barber
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 8:12 pm

never had much look in school with the exeption of history and science more so history.i thought was good on computers until i try'd to do in collage where i discovered that i coul'd get a grasp of porgraming however i sill love history the last book i have read is "the art of was by sun tzu" this book dates from betweeen the 8th and 4th century bc it deals with tactic and is in soom ways as relevent today as it was then.

Mist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Jan 2008, 9:07 am

I could always draw very well. When I was two years old, I could hold a pencil properly. Also, I had a very extended vocabulary, and possessed an excellent memory...still do, actually.

-Mist

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 9:22 am

Early reader, very good memory if I actually wanted to remember something.

Juliusanime231
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jan 2008, 11:16 pm

I drew really well when I was young, ever since I drew loads of drawings and I'm still drawing today and I'm improving!

DollyJupiter
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jan 2008, 3:36 pm

I too learned to read very early, and I was writing long, complex stories with narrative arc and advanced vocabulary in the second grade. I also memorized the names of all the reptiles and amphibians in North America from a field guide at around the same age.
I was never very good at music, though. Although I wish I was. I took piano lessons for eight years, and I still play, but without any particular inspiration or special talent.

Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 3:55 pm

I did numbers in my head amazingly quick, I knew every number times every number from 1-15... like you could throw uh, 12x12, and I'd immediatly say 144. Of course now I'm in high school and that's all changed. But you know.

aspiebeauty87
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jan 2008, 5:00 pm

I read whole encloypedias when I was about 3. I've always was advanced for my age in the 4th grade or so I was reading stuff at a high school level

dragonboy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 3:20 pm

i could speak fluently at 18 months, understood maths and nature at a young age and used to be extremely attached to nature.

dragonboy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 3:21 pm

i could read words and numbers at any angle, sideways, upside down and write upside down too

Riddick124
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 10:42 am

I don't really remember back then too well, but my mom has told me my kindergarten teacher used to tell her that I could be working on one thing and still pay attention to what she was saying at the same time, something no other kid could do then. I also had exceptional reading skills, reading harry potter 1-4 in either 1st or 2nd grade.

Nikky91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2008, 8:21 pm

I've always had a talent for writing and coming up with stories ever since I can remember. My mom says I'm just as good as any professional writer.