Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 6:56 am

Pandora wrote:
Mum used to be my gateway: it probably wasn't the fairest situation and I wish I could have been more able to help her with things.

I understand the feeling of wishing to repay debts owing; I do my best to give back what I've been given in equal. I really don't know how I'll...thrive without her, I'm sure I'll survive, I have a habit of doing that.

They say those with Asperger's make unusually strong bonds with individuals [rather than "people" as a whole]; it's one of the facets of this disorder I like, it's a gift [as well as a curse].

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Dec 2007, 10:14 am

sort of. however, i don't consider him a "gateway" but a buffer.

mechanima
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 10:39 am

I certainly COULD use someone as a gateway...and I have known that for a long time...both socially and vocationally.

If fact I have often wondered if there would be a future in pairing us, vocationally with physically disabled people who could be our social "gateway" while we could be their physical one in return...I am sure it is a LOT easier, and healthier for a wheelchair user to physically depend on someone who socially depends on him, and for an Aspie to depend socially upon someone who needs his physical help just as badly.

Unfortunately I have never had anyone I could trust enough, or been able to develop a relationship where I could.

M