It's always girls a couple of years younger...

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 4:07 pm

I don't know why, but I seem to only be able to attract 16 year old girls.
I did attract an 18 year old, but because of the whole misunderstandings of my aspie ways I didn't end up getting with her.

So now - back to the drawing board... and I'm starting to like a girl who's yes, you guessed it... 16.

My first ex was 16 when I was with her, and my second ex is 16.

Now I'm starting to perhaps want to get with another who's also 16 lol :lol: but 16 year olds, just like everyone else, scare me... because 16 year old girls can be rather troubled, troublesome, unpredictable and downright scary.

Yet, those are the girls I seem to attract... I would like to say "Enough of the paranoia" but I can't help it... I am paranoid.

Still - enough babbling... maybe I'll continue my quest and talk to that girl a bit more. lol :)

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 4:54 pm

samtoo wrote:
I did attract an 18 year old, but because of the whole misunderstandings of my aspie ways I didn't end up getting with her.

So now - back to the drawing board... and I'm starting to like a girl who's yes, you guessed it... 16.

There's nothing wrong with your actions, assuming you're following the laws regarding the legal adult age. You didn't say what country you're from, but in the US (where I'm from) and most of the Western world, the legal adult age is 18. If someone over 18 is dating a minor, he's very likely to get in trouble (it's usually the guy who's being penalized). So check the laws of your country, and act accordingly.

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 4:56 pm

samtoo wrote:

My first ex was 16 when I was with her, and my second ex is 16.

Now I'm starting to perhaps want to get with another who's also 16 lol :lol: but 16 year olds, just like everyone else, scare me... because 16 year old girls can be rather troubled, troublesome, unpredictable and downright scary.

Yet, those are the girls I seem to attract... I would like to say "Enough of the paranoia" but I can't help it... I am paranoid.

Still - enough babbling... maybe I'll continue my quest and talk to that girl a bit more. lol :)

I hope you're not 34...

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 5:00 pm

I don't know about 16.....but definitely avoid 15 year olds (I learned that the hard way....).

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 5:30 pm

I'm 18 lol just making a point sorta... that I don't know why aspies struggle more to get people in their own age group... :?
lol but 16 year olds are scary. :P

quiet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Dec 2007, 8:50 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
There's nothing wrong with your actions, assuming you're following the laws regarding the legal adult age. You didn't say what country you're from, but in the US (where I'm from) and most of the Western world, the legal adult age is 18. If someone over 18 is dating a minor, he's very likely to get in trouble (it's usually the guy who's being penalized). So check the laws of your country, and act accordingly.

This age of consent map is helpful: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... rldMap.png

Soopervilin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Dec 2007, 9:40 pm

I'm a little bit confused. I've always been of the mind that age of consent laws apply to just sex, but much of what I have read seems to indirectly imply that they apply to just dating as well. Either that or absolutely every dating relationship must lead to sex, which is just silly. It's not an issue for me, but curiosity begs for an answer. Which is the case?

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 10:13 pm

Soopervilin wrote:
I've always been of the mind that age of consent laws apply to just sex, but much of what I have read seems to indirectly imply that they apply to just dating as well. Either that or absolutely every dating relationship must lead to sex, which is just silly.

Apparently "dating" is now a synonym for "having sex with".

This is insanely frustrating. What are you supposed to call it when all you're doing is going out to dinner and maybe kissing at the end of the night?

And how can I be honest and tell guys I date that I'm dating other guys without them thinking I'm also sleeping with these other guys?

This is a real problem for me!

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 10:38 pm

Soopervilin wrote:
I'm a little bit confused. I've always been of the mind that age of consent laws apply to just sex, but much of what I have read seems to indirectly imply that they apply to just dating as well. Either that or absolutely every dating relationship must lead to sex, which is just silly. It's not an issue for me, but curiosity begs for an answer. Which is the case?

People keep thinking that dating is just a lead-up to sex later that night... which like you said is just silly... it almost never happens that way (on a first date anyway), but a macho man needs his macho cred, so he lies (OH NOEZ NOT THAT... oops, I forgot, that's the NT way) about getting laid that night...

That's where the whole idea that (date == sex) comes from...

zee
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 3:37 am

Girls are usually attracted to guys who are a few years older. It's a level of maturity thing. But in your case, it's almost no age difference, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 11:07 am

I've been noticing the same thing myself... I always end up with women two or three years younger being the ones who are more likely to be attracted...

I think it's based on that whole maturity thing that zee was talking about... women enter puberty a few years before men do (on average)...

alex
Developer
Developer

14 Dec 2007, 11:16 am

juliekitty wrote:
Soopervilin wrote:
I've always been of the mind that age of consent laws apply to just sex, but much of what I have read seems to indirectly imply that they apply to just dating as well. Either that or absolutely every dating relationship must lead to sex, which is just silly.

Apparently "dating" is now a synonym for "having sex with".

This is insanely frustrating. What are you supposed to call it when all you're doing is going out to dinner and maybe kissing at the end of the night?

And how can I be honest and tell guys I date that I'm dating other guys without them thinking I'm also sleeping with these other guys?

This is a real problem for me!

Dating is not a synonym for sex. Most people don't have sex until after they've gone on at least a couple of dates... seriously.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 5:03 pm

zee wrote:
Girls are usually attracted to guys who are a few years older. It's a level of maturity thing. But in your case, it's almost no age difference, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

It's not really a 'maturity thing' , this is a propaganda spread by the girls , the level of maturity thing can be true at age of 12 and 13 but not at age of 16 .I knew many 16yrs old male teenagers who are much more mature than many 16yrs old female teens. The only reason that the teen girls go for the older guys is because they have cars ,job and can boast in front of their friends "look at me , I am dating someone who's in college nyahahaha!"

zee
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 5:57 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
I knew many 16yrs old male teenagers who are much more mature than many 16yrs old female teens.

In what way are they more mature; what are you basing this on?

Most girls don't date so they can 'boast' to their friends, they are more interested in finding a partner. Why should they spread propoganda if it wasn't based on truth?

Not only do girls hit puberty earlier, but I think that getting your period on a monthly basis is a more profound transition than anything guys go through... if only on a subconcious level, it's a constant reminder of your child-bearing capabilities.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2007, 12:21 pm

Well, for whatever reason, I often find 16 year old girls interested in the oddball 18 year old aspie. :?

Do they like the strangeness? Is it that 16 is often the age of most pressure for this thing, and some girls get annoyed of going for the typical people? And some look elsewhere and consider themselves lucky to find a 'strange guy, not of a typical nature'? I mean - lots of NT's aren't typical people, but aspies especially aren't typical people.

Is this a fair theory?

As to why I attract 16 year olds... I have no idea.
In my experience, people just continue to get more and more competitive as they reach adulthood. I stray from the competition - I HATE competition.

I find it's often people of an ignorant, simplistic nature who bother with all this competition stuff. I mean honestly who cares about the whole 'alpha male' thing? I'd rather be this weird, quirky character who goes his own way without stepping on other people's toes than be a sodding "Roar! Me so alpha! Me better than everyone else" kinda guy. :roll:

Sorry I'm just a bit frustrated with how the world works sometimes - it's incorrect on many levels. :P

Still - as for 16 year olds - meh I ain't complaining... they're frightening people... emotionally unstable and changing their attitudes a lot... feeling highly pressured... but then - aren't I? I would think I scare a few people... I'm definately insecure and changing attitude a lot...

Young adult aspie males are like - middle teenage girls? Can connect with them easily? hmm maybe? :?

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2007, 12:54 pm

zee wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
I knew many 16yrs old male teenagers who are much more mature than many 16yrs old female teens.

In what way are they more mature; what are you basing this on?

Most girls don't date so they can 'boast' to their friends, they are more interested in finding a partner. Why should they spread propoganda if it wasn't based on truth?

Not only do girls hit puberty earlier, but I think that getting your period on a monthly basis is a more profound transition than anything guys go through... if only on a subconcious level, it's a constant reminder of your child-bearing capabilities.

Oh plz.

the idea that a 16yo girl is at the maturity level of a 20-30yo man is just idiotic.

Teenage girls are no more mature than teenage boys. If there is ANY difference at all , then we're talking about a difference of a year, maybe two years at the most.

This idea that "girls are more mature than boys" is just anti-male discrimination that most of society likes to keep the way it is. The older men and younger girls are both attracted to each other, so most of society just wants for there to be a justification to pair off like that. But it doesn't mean that the major difference between the sexes actually exists.

Society (and especially women) has ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM holding the older man totally accountable for "taking advantage of an impressionable teen" whenever these mismatched relationships go bad. Well, people can't have it both ways.

It's a "double standard".