Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

13 Dec 2007, 9:09 pm

alright what do you think about the mitchell report? i am so over barry bonds, i now think he did knowengly used steriods. and wasnt at all shocked that roger clemens name was on it. i hate that fool and hope he gets the same treatment barry is getting

i was suprised that david justice was on there. im not collecting any more of the steriod era baseball memorbilla anymore, im just gonna stick to the old players like willie mays and brooks robinson.

i was throroghly relived that ichiros name was not on there, but i wasnt suprised. ichiro has natural talent, dudes amazing!
of course i will continue to collect him

duncansbass
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Location: Flatting thirds, fifths, and sevenths for over 20 years

13 Dec 2007, 10:00 pm

I'm torn.
First off, nice to see another baseball fan.
Second off, there were not a lot of surprises on there for me, though I was relived my team was only touched by a former player (Matt Williams, Diamondbacks). I think it is as huge a problem nowadays as gambling and corruption was back in the Black Sox days, and it is going to take strong leadership to guide baseball through this. Personally, I doubt Bud Selig is the one to give that leadership.
And, though not a Mariners fan, of course Ichiro wasn't on the list. Ichiro is the bomb, and I feel privileged as a fan every time I get a chance to see him play.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

13 Dec 2007, 10:13 pm

bud selig knew what was going on, im shure. this guy needs the boot.. hes all mumbling on the stage touching his ear, its like cant we get a guy in here who knows what time it is?

duncansbass wrote:
And, though not a Mariners fan, of course Ichiro wasn't on the list. Ichiro is the bomb, and I feel privileged as a fan every time I get a chance to see him play.
you know, you are so right 8)

duncansbass
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Dec 2007, 10:39 pm

I've been a baseball fan long enough the list of people I've seen play reads like a Hall of Fame All Star team, and Selig is about the worst commissioner I've ever seen. He has let this thing get this bad, and had plenty of chances to stop this a long time ago. He could have been out of the gate tough on steroids, and whiffed, he could have mandated cooperation with the inquiries, including from his own office, and handled it weakly. If this period in baseball's history turns into a huge black eye, it will be on Selig in large part

duncansbass
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Dec 2007, 12:36 am

richardbenson wrote:
alright what do you think about the mitchell report? i am so over barry bonds, i now think he did knowengly used steriods. and wasnt at all shocked that roger clemens name was on it. i hate that fool and hope he gets the same treatment barry is getting

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=d ... &type=lgns

Check the column. I agree totally, 'specially since my man the Unit wasn't on Mitchell's list.

srriv345
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2007, 7:32 pm

Eh, from what I can tell this just adds more rumors and hearsay into the mix. We still don't know for sure who did or didn't do steroids. If Player X's name isn't in the Report, that doesn't necessarily mean he's clean. Just means his dealer and teammates didn't snitch. I'm not looking forward to the political grandstanding which is going to happen as a result of this. Frankly, I think MLB should be more concerned with implementing its steroid policy now than in trying to retroactively figure out what happened. The only thing this really affects is Hall of Fame voting.

Gah, I don't like the off-season very much. This Mitchell Report stuff is enough to make one beg for another week of Johan Santana trade speculation.

duncansbass
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Dec 2007, 7:41 pm

The other thing I think it does is highlight what a tool Selig is. And you can look for that week of Santana trade rumors, now that my D'Backs have picked up Dan Haren. That opens the free-agent door on pitchers a bit. Even though Haren was traded, not signed, players are starting to move as teams in the same division as those making moves are trying to shore up their own rosters with corresponding moves. This will up the price for Santana if the Twins choose to move him.

Redrocket
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Dec 2007, 11:39 am

The one player that surprised me was Andy Pettite. For some reason I did not suspect him to be involved with all of this but I guess he was in some way. I'm also surprised with Chuck Knobulach. The others didn't really surprise me too much, including Clemens.

duncansbass
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Dec 2007, 12:05 pm

The interesting thing to me is Miguel Tejada. Houston gave it up for him, and for what? How good will he be now?
Milwaukee also got Gagne, who is also on the list. Both teams are responding to the Cubs spending spree and trying to remain competitive.
Pettite is under my personal radar, as he's been with the Yanks, and I am an NL kind of guy, but I was a little suprised at him, too.