Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2005, 2:44 am

I've reached that point in time again where I'm ready to head off to school. I have my shopping done, I have my class schedule ready to go. I've spent the past two weeks or so mentally preping myself for labor day. As some of you may remember from last year, move in day last year was one of the worst days I've had in a long time.

Yes, 55 hours from now I will be back in oshkosh for yet another year of fun.

Last year was OK. I managed a 3.0 GPA, but the social isolation I've experience most of my life continued on.

I have to go to disability services and inform them of my DX, and try to get some kind of help for math so I have a fleeting chance of passing the two math classes I need to fullfill the math portion of my B.S. degree

This semester I have a roomate that lives up near Rice Lake, so it's unlikely he'll be spending any major time off campus, which means I won't have as much solitude this semester I had last year.

However, if him and I get along, I could pull what some of you here have done and leach off his social popularity.

On the other hand, I have to find some way of telling him about AS, and more importantly, the tics I have.

Will he accept me as? Or will he shun me and make fun of me behind my back?

Time will tell...

(P.S.) Magic - I know I have neglected your emails as of lately. I promise to get back to you as soon as I get settled in at oshkosh.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2005, 3:36 am

good luck, scoots.

let us know how you get on. :)

julieme
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Sep 2005, 8:01 am

If oskosh is anything like madison where i went- the uw disability services are great.

Do make a list of accomodations that will help though and actual problems for when you talk to them.

For example - educating your room mate or getting you a private dorm or a dorm in a quite grad area, etc. I also got to take exams in a quite room on a computer or with as much scratch paper as I needed

What do you find hard about math? what are you studying. Maybe I can help - I did my digital design class using colored squares on graph paper and the disability center made the EE prof grade it

good luck. If I can help' post

j

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2005, 12:30 pm

^ ^
| |
:)

I am moved back into my dorm and not a single incident of overload or problems!

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2005, 12:41 pm

YES!

May it continue thus.

BeeBee

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2005, 2:21 pm

great, scoots!

more power to your elbow - keep it coming!

:D