Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

25 Jan 2008, 3:00 pm

Labels is what everyone needs. You can't get your child the education they need unless they have a label. Why do we need labels to get the help we need. I can imagine my parents being unable to find me speech therapist when I was little because I didn't have a label. Everyone can see I can't talk and I am different but all the therapists refuse to help unless I have a label. Some how they managed to find me a therapist when I was 22 months.

If you have a child who is deaf, bam it's hard to give them the help they need because there is no label or is "deafness" the label.

A child is struggling in school with writing and reading but the school refuses to help the student because there is no label. Why do we all need labels just to get the help we need when everyone can already see the problem?

When I was reading about feral children, some of them get labeled MR just so people would work with them by trying to teach them ho to talk, communicate, teach them self help skills etc. but unfortunitly it doesn't go very far because they learn to say a very few words and they never become normal like everyone else because their mind has been wired to work like an animal they grew up around. It's as if they have been brain damaged so they can't be fixed.

Last edited by Spokane_Girl on 26 Jan 2008, 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 3:29 am

I know; it's so horrible. WHY?

heylelshalem
Raven
Raven

26 Jan 2008, 3:32 am

screw normal....its nice to see someone else from spokompton as well BTW...

preludeman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 11:20 pm

I am also sick of labaling people. :cry:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 11:24 pm

I'll never understand that.