Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

thewllr
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jan 2008, 8:42 pm

I think the worst movie ever is the english movie called the ring.

Crystalmirror
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jan 2008, 8:46 pm

I don't know what the worst movie ever made is, but I can tell you the worst movie I've ever seen has to be King Arthur (2004). Man, that sucked. It took out everything that was fun and magical about the King Arthur legends and threw it out the window. Booooooring.

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 8:47 pm

Epic Movie.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 9:05 pm

Battlefield Earth
Deuce Biggalow (I honestly can't watch much more than five minutes)
Dodgeball
Home Alone 4
Hypercube
The Jaws sequels
The Ring
Star Trek Nemesis
Tomb Raider
Basically any slasher movie

Crystalmirror

26 Jan 2008, 9:07 pm

thewllr wrote:
I think the worst movie ever is the english movie called the ring.

The Japanese "Ringu" was better. Creepier and more convincing. The US one was just kinda "meh."

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 9:19 pm

heh, Dodge ball rocks!

as my entry: I'll submit "Bounce"

brfandan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2008, 9:30 pm

DejaQ wrote:
Battlefield Earth
Deuce Biggalow (I honestly can't watch much more than five minutes)
Dodgeball
Home Alone 4
Hypercube
The Jaws sequels
The Ring
Star Trek Nemesis
Tomb Raider
Basically any slasher movie

it hurts to think about what the worst movies are, but this is a pretty solid list, so is the imdb bottom 100

http://imdb.com/chart/bottom

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 9:46 pm

brfandan wrote:
it hurts to think about what the worst movies are, but this is a pretty solid list, so is the imdb bottom 100

http://imdb.com/chart/bottom

53 of those 100 movies are from the past ten years. God, I love Hollywood. :roll:

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 10:08 pm

I hate Braveheart.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

26 Jan 2008, 10:13 pm

House of Wax with Paris Hilton.

Katou
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2008, 10:25 pm

Napoleon Dynamite for me.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 10:52 pm

Actually, I quite like the US version of Ring - and I have seen Ringu 1, 2 and 0.

IMHO The Japanese versions of the Grudge and Dark Water are much better than the US versions though.

I like Deuce Bigalow too... dunno why...

The Jaws sequels.... no, I don't like them that much with Jaws 3 being the worst - have you read the book of Jaws 4 - it's heaps funnier than the film.

Star Trek Nemesis - never liked Star Trek that much anyway but I figured the movies were getting better until I encountered that drivel....

Tomb Raider - what a waste hey.... It could have been good if they'd just tried to copy Indiana Jones.

Basically any slasher movie - I like these but I'm a sick puppy.

---------

My worst movies;

Recent remake of Faust - never finished it.
Father and Son - almost as exciting as watching paint dry... but not quite.
Boomerang - (actually most of Eddie Murphy's latest stuff is terrible).
Lost in Translation - I don't know why people liked this

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 11:03 pm

Silent Hill. It's not a bad movie by itself, but when compared to the original games, it's a stinker.

On sabbatical...

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 12:17 am

Bad Films i've actually seen

Transmorphers - A ripoff of Transformers released the day Transformers came out in theaters. Terrible, terrible piece of trash. I wrote a review of this on my blog.

Battlefield Earth Really, really terrible. And boring. Very boring.

The original 1994 unreleased Fantastic Four movie. They were totally in the right of not releasing it. But it's one of those Z-movies that's so good it's terrible. Actually, it was created with the full intent that it wasn't gonna be released. It's only reason for existence was to gain the movie rights. But several fans have it on VHS (I spent $200 on mine)

Speaking of garbage, The Star Wars Holiday Special from 1978. Yes, it's as horrible as everyone says it is. Carrie Fisher is VERY stoned and/or drunk, most of it is in Wookie, Jefferson Starship (just after all credibility of the Jefferson Airplane had been sucked out, but before they had the decency to at least drop the word "Jefferson") for no apparent reason whatsoever and a terrible cartoon that is only notable because of the first appearance of Boba Fett.

Meet the Spartans - aka 2007: The Movie. It's one stupid pop culture gag after the other. Total garbage.

The Lake House - Sigh. Keanu Reeves made this the same year he was in A Scanner Darkly one of the best films of the past ten years. You can't win 'em all

Click - The only movie i've ever actively walked out of. I had to review this for my school newspaper and mentioned the above factoid somewhere in the neighborhood of 3,000 times

HockeyJunkie
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jan 2008, 3:40 am

Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny (1972)

No, I've never actually seen the whole movie, save for a 10-minute YouTube clip, which was more than enough for me. If it had enough votes to qualify for IMDB rankings, it would fall between #4-7 in the Bottom 100!

Imagine yourself, 9 years old, dropped off at the Cinema Theater in the Vineland shopping center to watch something called Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny while your mother goes hunting for last-minute Christmas items. The poster you saw in the lobby depicted Santa and a huge rabbit riding around in a vintage fire truck, but it has now been well over an hour and you've had to endure endless shots of a skinny, sweat-stained Santa, sitting in a sleigh, muttering about the heat in Florida as well as a wrenchingly boring movie about Thumbelina that was sprung on you from out of nowhere and you have yet to see any sign of this so-called Ice Cream Bunny. Anticipation builds. Against your better judgment, you force yourself to believe that there must be something truly awe-inspiring about the Ice Cream Bunny's ultimate appearance. At this stage, nothing less than a titanic rabbit GOD dispensing gallon after gallon of soft serve ice cream from a fire hose would justify the tedium you've endured. And then... This! THIS!! !! This winking, prancing, wrinkly freak! This saggy refugee from a costume shop bargain bin! THIS is your precious ICE CREAM BUNNY!! !! And not a single trace of ice cream!! ! You've been DUPED!! !! USED!! And if you hadn't fully realized it before, you certainly do now; adults can and will do terrible things to unsuspecting kids.. and you will never, ever forget it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLKEGAbkpyo[/youtube]

zee
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 4:45 am

the first Harry Potter movie (of course I didn't bother watching the rest)...pointless, lame, derivative.

the Terminal (SO painful to listen to... which was worse, that stupid accent, or all the pro-America propoganda?)