How did you meet your WP friends?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 3:09 am

Yoshie, you just inspired another thread idea in me by asking me this queation.

If I hadn't been prescibed citalopram for depression I would probably not be friends with MADDuck today. I decided to comment in his thread about how MADDuck was prescribed citalopram for depression, asince he asked if it was any good and I could tell him it seemed good, and we went thru the same thing at the exact same time so we could do it together. We got to talking about our depressive experiences and saw a lot of similarities in each other. I was going to PM him and ask about his experiences in the army, but he beat me to it; he PMed me to show me his myspace.

Adverb lurked for about a year and PMed me saying he had read my commune stuff and wanted me to be a director in his charity/business where we do all kinds of things to rais money for communal houses and that-- making all kinds of stuff with AS slogans and icons on it, from clothes to kitchenware... writing books by and about Aspies and their interesting experiences and having Aspies illustrate them... and we became fast friends, overnight. :D He put so much thought into it; I knew he was as committed as I was, and he was the first person I told about my theory that understood it and agreed with it 100%, and appreciated it 100%. And totally knew and knows where I'm coming from. He's perfect.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 3:29 am

Um...

I met Krista. Somehow... I think we talked about uh... Im not sure. Just I know that Ive been friends with her for a while, not sure how long. I don't even remember how we started speaking on AIM. She is like a sister, so it feels like she has always been there. Sort of, she comes and goes. Odd. She should fill in the details, because I have no clue. We tried to figure it out one day, and I didn't remember anything.

I met Borgy by talking about space quest I think. We started talking about adventure games, then we talked on MSN. I think we talked on myspace somewhere in there. Now she is there, not sure how long she's been there. The other day I tried to take a guess, but I wasn't sure.

I met Eller. Somehow. I think she PM'd me. We talked about um... stuff. Im not sure what. She is sort of there too; i think she died. She told me she didn't, but I told her to be quiet, because zombies don't talk. She wanted to be a vampire, but I thought she was more of a zombie type. Anyway, not exactly sure. She is mega cool though. One day, Im going to kick her butt at chess ( even though I dont play), and maul her with my puppy. I remember she PM'd me in class, but that might of been someone else too.

I met some other people before them , but we've had falling outs due to their extreme emotional problems. I don't care, they sucked compared to the friends I've already mentioned

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 11:18 am

Nutbag PMed me when I was sad one day with handy advise and we've been good friends ever since
I forget how I met Graelwyn :lol:

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 6:58 pm

PMing, lol.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 7:08 pm

ah I forgot about you

I PMed you :lol:

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 7:09 pm

Who could forget Berserker or Kilroy. I remember having a nice, long conversation with you, Kilroy. That reminds me. I need to PM Berserker! :)

We all deal with problems and strife, but it's how we deal with them that makes all the difference in the world.

"You are no accident!"
-Rick Warren

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 7:17 pm

go PM the cool berserker

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 9:07 pm

Bleh. *deleted*

yvaN_ehT_nioJ
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 9:10 pm

Hmmm...I don't remember as that happened last year.
I suppose the last person to post wins thread helped a lot.

That and other threads.

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 10:57 pm

I also posted topics asking for friends.

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 11:01 pm

That's how I started talking to Berserker!

We all deal with problems and strife, but it's how we deal with them that makes all the difference in the world.

"You are no accident!"
-Rick Warren

Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 11:02 pm

I've only talked to one person since posting here. =_=

But hey, you know what they say, quality not quantity.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 2:03 am

I met computerlove because he PMed me, and Berserker for her posts about her interests (Bionicle, Final Fantasy, PS2, and other videogames, drawing . . .).