Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2008, 11:57 am

Faramir wrote:
When my son was 14 months old, a routine stool sample showed increased yeast levels. My brilliant wife saw the connection no doctors were looking for and we went to a strict specific carbohydrate diet, eliminating gluten, lactose, casein, which covers a broad swatch of foods, including wheat and cane sugar!! !! We bake with almond flour and sweeten with honey. It was as if a fog lifted from the mind of our little boy and he started to come out and join the emotional and social world around him. And he stopped getting so sick and stopped his chronic diarrhea.

Evidently, this is some kind of autoimmune response that we have turned off.

Sorry I don't get the cane sugar bit. Beet sugar is not fundamentally different from cane sugar. I'm on the GF/CF diet but I see no reason to eliminate sugar, so long as it is moderate use. Honey is definitely good it has antibiotic and antiseptic properties but is not damaging to the stomach balance. Almond four is pretty good too, for curries, sauces. Lentil and chickpea fours are good too. I do think if you are consuming a lot of almonds they do need to be cooked or that can cause a stomach problem in itself especially if you are eating the skin.

Fred54
Raven
Raven

28 Mar 2008, 2:00 pm

I have the opposite, I am immune to VZV for instance and I am rarely sick.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2008, 5:30 pm

I have Hashimoto's (thyroid).

venuseagle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Mar 2008, 4:55 am

I have Hashimoto's disease, underactive thyroid.